Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alexbjorlig
Creator
Creator

Qlik Sense user directory connector, does not sync user group

Hi all.

My Qlik Sense server does not sync a users group.

Please note that the user is successfully synced to "users", but only missing group attributes.

On my Qlik Sense server I have created a user directory connector with the following attributes:

Type                                                       | Local network

Sync user data for existing users           | Tried both true and false

Sync all domain users                            | Tried both true and false

The user is member of a Group created on the Qlik Sense server called satestgroup.

But whatever I do, I can't sync the users group!

6 Replies
gustavgager
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Im guessing you only want to sync one AD-Group? If thats the case, you need to ad a LDAP-filter. Try using this one:

(&(objectClass=groupOfNames)(memberOf=CN=internal,OU=group,DC=example,DC=com))

alexbjorlig
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Gustav.

Where would I add this filter?

Not applicable

I'm running into the same issue. I want to use local users and GROUPS from the localhost on the server that is running Qlik Sense. I don't want to use active directory form my AD server.

When I connect to local network connector, I see the local users but I don't see local groups. I want to be able to use multiple groups for various security setting.

I've tried unsuccessfully to use the active directory connector but link to the local active directory (LDAP://localhost and LDAP://NAMEOFSERVER)

I would appreciate any insight, on how to accomplish multiple security groups from a localhost.

Thanks in advance

barry_stevens
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

What version are you running?  In the latest version (3.2 SR4) there is no Local User UDC to enable user syncing.

gustavgager
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

why did they do that???

barry_stevens
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Let me clarify my answer - you are still able to use users from the local machine (they access and the first time an entry is created - you then allocate token), you just can't automatically sync local users using a UDC.  Have a read of this thread Re: Local Network Directory

Barry