Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
karthickv
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Qlikview vs QlikSense

Hi All,

From developers stand point, are there any major features that are available in QlikView and not in Qlik Sense ?

I see QS as a super set of QV.

Thanks In Advance,

Karthick V.

6 Replies
awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

More like a subset!

Andy

karthickv
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Andy,

I see Triggers are not available in QS and we might need to use Extension objects.

Can you please let me know if something else like triggers are not available in QS at the moment.

Thanks,

Karthick V.

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Dear Karthick.

See its kind of not fair to compare these 2 products feature by feature, because both of them are targeted at different set of users and different use cases.

Although out of them QlikView has been there for so many years, so obviously it will have in dept functionality for its use case, where as Qlik Sense is comparatively new but has a great capability which QlikView doesnt have.

I feel you need to understand the use case first and accordingly decide which one you should use.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
karthickv
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Dear Kaushik,

Many thanks for your response !

I definitely understand QlikView and QlikSense are targeted for different set of users\audiences.

Being a QlikView developer, my query is more to know if some major Scripting\UI features are not available in QS from a DEVELOPER's stand point as we might move to Sense soon.

Eg: Triggers not being available, any functions not available,.....

Thanks a bunch in advance,

Karthick V.

Anonymous
Not applicable

A lot of the differences are in layout and appearance such as you can't hide and show in QS, you can't layer objects on top of each other and you can't create a display that goes beyond the one screen.

karthickv
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Many thanks Bella !

This sort of information is what I am looking for. Your response helps very much.

Thanks,

Karthick V.