Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Forecast shows only latest total

I have figured out somewhat how to use the forecast feature from other forum posts, but when i try to customize for my own situation, i'm having a problem.  My project has 2 full prior years of data plus current YTD.  My line chart uses month and year dimensions to show month over month accumulation, with each line representing a year.

When I turn on the forecast feature for the full dataset in my chart nothing happens - the line for current YTD stops at this month. So i tried doing an overlay, where one chart would show just the 2 full prior years, and another chart could lay over the top with the current YTD plus forecast, but when i do that, it projects a straight horizontal line out for the rest of the year with the same value instead of projecting based on the first 2 months of data.

Can anyone tell me what I'm missing?  I want the current year line to project out to end of this year.

2 Replies
sunny_talwar

You seem to be doing full accumulation? How is that related to forecasting? What are the numbers you are hoping to see for the future months?

Not applicable
Author

I'm doing full accumulation so the lines will show the running total by month over the course of the year.  I want the forecasting to show what we project for end of year total.  So if my number for January this year is 36,461, and so far in Feb I'm at 46,275, then based on that i can project something around 56K in March, 66K in April, etc.