Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Authentication mechanism while Integrating Qlik sense into external web app through iFrame

Hello,

I have installed Qlik sense desktop software where I have created a app in the hub.

In "localhost:xxxx/dev-hub/single-configurator" I select the same app from the dropdown list and on click on single sheet i get the iFrame content which I include it in the iFrame src of the enternal app..

But the problem is, in the external web app before the sheet is loaded, I get the authentication pop-up from Qlik for Username and Password.

I want to handle the authentication with in the code and avoid the Pop-Up for username and password from Qlik since Qlik is embedded with the Web App.

What are the possible ways to handle it?

My external app is hosted in the deployment server which is accessed by multiple tenant, hence i cannot afford to keep certificate in every tenant user. I'm looking for solution where the authentication mechanism is handled at the server end, we are using IIS server.

Please give me direction as to which API and mechanism to use to handle authentication at the server end

Thanks and Regards,

Vinuthna

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

Well first of all, you can't use Qlik Sense Desktop for this purpose. If a user would browse to your page it would try to access localhost:4848 on the users local machine and not your server, since well localhost is a local loopback adress.

Also Qlik Sense Desktop, version 3.1, does not have authentication so whatever authentication dialog you are getting is not from us but most likely something that is running locally on the users machine under the same port, 4848.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

Well first of all, you can't use Qlik Sense Desktop for this purpose. If a user would browse to your page it would try to access localhost:4848 on the users local machine and not your server, since well localhost is a local loopback adress.

Also Qlik Sense Desktop, version 3.1, does not have authentication so whatever authentication dialog you are getting is not from us but most likely something that is running locally on the users machine under the same port, 4848.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Thanks a lot for the reply.

My mistake, I could get your point on Qlik Sense Desktop.

We also have Qlik Sense Enterprise licensed software installed, and whenever i try to access the[single configurator] iFrame content from the web app it asks for authentication with a pop-up even inside the web application. How do I handle it in the code?

My external app is hosted in the deployment server which is accessed by multiple tenant, hence i cannot afford to keep certificate in every tenant user. I'm looking for solution where the authentication mechanism is handled at the server end, we are using IIS server.

Please give me direction as to which API and mechanism to use to handle authentication at the server end

Awaiting your reply,

Vinuthna

Vincenzo_Esposito

You can opt for one of the custom authentication solutions between (Ticket, Session or Header) more details here (Authentication solutions ‒ Qlik Sense).

Session solution is the best option if you embed the Qlik objects in an existing webapp where you already manage a session cookie. Qlik can share the same cookie

You can opt for Ticket solution in a Mashup case (when the webapp is just made of Qlik Sense objects). In this case you need to implement also the login page.

The header solution is the best choiche when you have a kind of proxy that act as SSO.

In no one of the previous case you need to install a certificate on each client browser. The component that needs the certificate to have a trusted conversation with Qlik Sense is only the authentification Module implemented on your webapp (IIS)

Hope this help

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Vinuthna,

Have gone through the question you have put up. I hope the problem is solved back then.

I am facing the same issue now. Can you please share what has solved your problem.,

Awaiting your reply,

Poojitha

MARTIN3535
Contributor
Contributor

Hey Poojitha / Vinuthna,

I am also facing the similar issue, Did you find any solutions ?

shalini
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi, 

I have an alternate scenario here where i am integrating my external web app into the qlik sense apps. Looking for a qlik auth API which i can use to access any token that qlik provides from my external app backend to authenticate the same. 

This will provide a seamless user experience instead of providing a separate login page for my external app in the qlik dashboard.

Thanks in advance.