Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview License Convert

I'm a consultant, new to qlikview.  here are some question about QV license.

1.  Someone said a  namecal   can convert to  single user license.     how ?

2. Can we buy the signle user firstly, then use it as namecal , or just use it  within portal

3.  when I check offical  demo (2010 winter olympic )  on website, (ajax or IE plug in) , how to setup a similar website .

1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi jackjiang,

A lot of the licensing related questions are better answered by your local QlikView contact or partner.

For some quick info though:

1. A Named User CAL from a QlikView Server can be leased by a user and gives the user developer capabilities in stand alone QlikView. As long as license lease is allowed in the QEMC, the user should be able to automatically lease a license when accessing the QVS. This lease lasts for 30 days but can be renewed at any point by touching the QVS.

2. I'm not 100% sure how the license conversion works with regards to pricing etc. Best approach is to contact your local QlikView reseller.

3. Depending on your needs (i.e. who should view the document. Only internally? Externally? Everyone?) there are different licensing models available that can be tailored to your needs. Again the best approach would be to talk to your local reseller for further info.