Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

does qlik sense desktop allows data upload (excel) in shared qvf files?

I create an app in my PC and link it with an excel file also in my pc (the excel is stored at C: local hard drive). Then copy the app by the route (documents/qlik/sense/apps/appname.qvf) and share it to other computers.

In the other computers, when I go to data manager it says that the data is not available (although I paste the excel file in the exact location, in the C local hard drive).

So I can not modify the data as when I try to upload the same excel, Qlik show error mesage and if I erase the data of the qvf file and try to import the excel file again it also shows an error message.

So I am traped, I can not modify the data of shared apps? Is there a way to do it or Qlik blocks it for the free desktop version?

Plese all help is extremely helpful!

Thanks in advanced!

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

If your script loads data in the "Sense" mode, using a data connection, you need to re-create that connection in the new environment.

I'f you use "Legacy" mode

LOAD .... FROM

you need to switch to the legacy mode.  Qlik on Help in Sense Desktop and search for "Legacy"

Not applicable
Author

Thak you!

I try ti switch to legacy mode but the file C:\Users\{user}\Documents\Qlik\Sense\Settings.ini only contains the following: [Settings 7]. I can not change the Change StandardReload=1 to StandardReload=0 as i can not see it..

Do I have to add it?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

It s safe to add it.

Not applicable
Author

i did not use a script I only upload the excel. but it will stil work?

what do i put in the ... part you said?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I don't know what it means.  If you used "Add Data" and load an excel file, Qlik creates script for this, and connection as well.  It is not a Legacy Mode. But you need this connection on your second machine, and I'm not sure it moves with application.

But again, look first what you script does.

Not applicable
Author

I manage to create the script and load the data via script.

But all the graphs are broken, I need to edit every one so as thery reffer to a dimension (they all siad dimension not valid/available). Also I can not find the way to specify that a field is geodata by this way. Can it be done?