Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fredericvillemi
Creator III
Creator III

Nprinting Desktop or Server ?

Hello,

My company has just bought a licence for NPrinting Server.

We are waiting to have Office installed on a server to be able to use it correctly but I had a question about the NPrinting Desktop.

Does the Nprinting Server allows to create Nprinting reports or you have to do them through Nprinting Desktop then publishing then on Server ?

And how can i get a licence for Desktop ?  it is not listed in my prices because it seems we only pay for Server without information of users.

Thanks

5 Replies
Stephen_Jasionowski

What version of NPrinting will you be running?

In version 17, there are no designer (desktop) licenses. The purchase of the server license allows for an unlimited amount of developers (they will need to install NPrinting Designer locally).

From there, the developers design and preview reports using the Designer application, but the reports are executed and distributed by the server.

fredericvillemi
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Yes, I talk about version 17.

I have installed v17 desktop on my laptop but I don't have the licence : I only have a licence for Nprinting Server

Should I ask for a Desktop licence number ?

And is the v17 working fine now ?  last year when it was released all people at Qlik told me to stick to the v16 because the v17 was very bad.

Stephen_Jasionowski

If you are running version 17.2.1 or later, you should be OK.

You don't need a desktop license. Simply give yourself report authoring permissions in your NPrinting user role. See Security management ‒ Qlik NPrinting

fredericvillemi
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I have just installed 17.3 and when I launch

NprintingDesigner.exe on my desktop it says it cannot be run as a standalone program.

Stephen_Jasionowski

You can't launch it from the desktop. You need to launch it from the NP web console when you create/edit a report.

Capture.PNG