Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alexandermllr
Creator
Creator

QV Management Console User

Hello,

where can I find out, which User the QV Management Console is using to reload a QV File?

The reload always fails, because I need to give the User access for the specific path.

Thank you!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi,

open services.msc, find Your qlikview services. QDS is the one that runs task in QMC. The most common is that all services runs by the same user.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi,

open services.msc, find Your qlikview services. QDS is the one that runs task in QMC. The most common is that all services runs by the same user.

alexandermllr
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank you!

datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Hi,

what exactly is this "services.msc"? Is it a file? If so, where would it be located?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

marcus_sommer

"services.msc" is a Windows service which the various services managed which are installed as a service within the OS. The easiest access is probably over the task-manager but you could also go through the windows control panel or using service.msc as shortcut within the windows prompt. Without looking I don't know where the file is located but I assume that it is somewhere in windows\system whereby the most manageable settings are probably stored within the registry.

- Marcus

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

It is the Windows Service Console. All services running in the computer will be displayed there.

It will run from the Run command in Windows (%windir% is always in the PATH variable) or using CMD, or you can locate it manually in the folder C:\Windows\System32\services.msc