Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Best Practice to hide Documents in Access Point? (SBE,IIS,Windows Server 2008)

Hi there,

we're using a QVS 10 (SBE,IIS) on a Windows 2008 Server. I've stored 2 documents in the qvs documents root folder. Now I have created 3 local users on the Windows Server.

If the users login into the access point from another machine, one of the users should only see the first document, the second user the second document and the third user should be able to see all of the documents stored in the folder.

I've already tried out some suggestion from the community regarding the windows file security, but I don't succeed so far.

Can anyone please provide a little manual with some screenshots for this situation? It's urgent.... 😕

Best regards

Susann

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi Susann,

We're also using the SBE on a windows 2008 server. We have created directories for each document and have granted users read access to the directory in which the QlikView app resides. Just like you described, we also have the NTFS authorization set in the management console.

This should automatically provide your users access to the applications/directories when they login at the QVS. We haven't set up the authorization on a file level because the META & Shared files need to be accessed as well.

Regards,

Marc

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I forgot to add that we're using NTFS security.... which is already selected in QEMC.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Susann,

We're also using the SBE on a windows 2008 server. We have created directories for each document and have granted users read access to the directory in which the QlikView app resides. Just like you described, we also have the NTFS authorization set in the management console.

This should automatically provide your users access to the applications/directories when they login at the QVS. We haven't set up the authorization on a file level because the META & Shared files need to be accessed as well.

Regards,

Marc

Not applicable
Author

Hi Marc,

you're solution seems to work very well! Thanks a lot for your quick reply!

Have a nice day!

Susann

Not applicable
Author

Marc,

Can u explain a little details of creating DIRs to documents

We have created directories for each document and have granted users read access to the directory in which the QlikView app resides. Just like you described, we also have the NTFS authorization set in the management console.

Thank you

erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

I guess it only means that you create folders below the root folder for QV Documents.

If you have a root folder at:

C:\QV

Then, you can create the sub-folders

C:\QV\Finance

C:\QV\Sales

Then, on the Windows server, you set the permission on the folder for groups/users that should see the .QVWs

If you set C:\QV as your root folder, QlikView Server will automatically make all the .qvws on sub-folders available on access point (according to NTFS permission if you use NTFS security)

Regards,

Erich