Did you mean: 
ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

custom user authentication

Hello

I'm working on Qlik Sense server

We have a table in a MySQL database which contains the usernames, and passwords

is it possible to import this table and let end users supply the credentials of this table to log in to Qlik Sense dashboard?

one more thing

if yes can we use these usernames in Section Access for securing dashboards?

Please advise

I can walk on water when it freezes
4 Replies
Vincenzo_Esposito

You should configure your UDC (User directory connector) as ODBC pointing to MySql Table. Have a look here for a deeper info on how to (http://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/3.2/Subsystems/ManagementConsole/Content/user-directory-connectors-...), You need to do that in order to read all users and their properties (for the authorization phase).

For the Authentication phase you should to use one of the custom authentication solution (Authentication solutions ‒ Qlik Sense). The best one, in your case is the (Ticket solution). In this case you need to build up a login page to ask for user credential and check it with a your authentication module.

Hope this help

ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II
Author

you mean I need to create a form for user input for credentials?

for accessing the application that is for-ending the MySQL database there is already a form (web form)

but how shall I get output from that form?

Please advise

ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II
Author

what about section access

what is the domain that i have to use? as the userid has to be in the form of domain\username no?

Vincenzo_Esposito

The web-form you can enable from Proxy configuration (I mean the one branded Qlik) is addressed to work with the standard authentication (NTLM with or without Kerberos). If you want to check a user credentials coming from a custom system (MySql Table) you need to implement the Authentication and tell to Qlik if the user have the credential to access or not.