Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Calculated dimensions in selection bar:Qlik Sense

I have created a simple calculated dimension of a date. When filtered the selection pane on top shows the entire formula instead of label. Have tried to make it as a master dimension too, but of no help.

The end user does not need to see this as it looks complicated if its a set analysis expression. Below is the snapshot

ugliness.PNG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Patrik_Lundblad
Employee
Employee

We did an improvement in Qlik Sense 3.2 around calculated dimensions.

If you add a calculated dimension to the library we will then pick up the dimension name and display instead of the calculation.

31.PNG

32.PNG

Regards,

Patrik.

View solution in original post

17 Replies
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

The reason it shows like that is its a filter on the data model that the selection is against not a particular app object.   If you think about it you can label anything anywhere in your app so you could have to items with the same label but meaning 2 different things.

I agree if its a master item then it would be good to show the name rather than the calculation as you have a governed context.

If you got the user to set the filter via a variable you could use the variable name although im not sure that its appropriate in your case.

Hope this helps

Regards

Andy

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

try below   am not sure

=Aggr(MonthName(Booking_Date)(1/24))

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your reply.Labels are the whole point of being able to name something. The same error of same label can now currently happen in a graph too.

I have some complicated dimensions which looks very ugly on the filter !

Know any ways of solving this?

1.PNG

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the reply. But does not work on the dimension

Not applicable
Author

chooco_comtogwassenaar‌ Have you guys found any workaround for this?

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

hi Vinol - let me add a few people to this

etkvkr‌ - any ideas?

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Patrik_Lundblad
Employee
Employee

Hi Vinol,

Which Sense version are you on?

Regards,

Patrik.

Not applicable
Author

Qlik Sense 3.1 SR3

Patrik_Lundblad
Employee
Employee

We did an improvement in Qlik Sense 3.2 around calculated dimensions.

If you add a calculated dimension to the library we will then pick up the dimension name and display instead of the calculation.

31.PNG

32.PNG

Regards,

Patrik.