Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

To get different colors on a drill down group on selection

Hi, friends I am new to qlikview.I am making a pivot table ,and I am using a drill down on the table. The drill down contains of fields as-period and Year.

What I want to do is that,whenever I select the value from the group,the color of data in that particular filds change,I mean whole dat in the column should change.

For example on selecting on Period it color changes to red,and while selecting year the color of data changes to blue,something like that.

If anyone have suggestion than do give some reply,as I urgently want to do this.

Thanks in advance....

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello,

You can use the GetCurrentField(GroupName) function in a conditional, so go to your chart, Expressions tab, expand the expression options, and in the Background Color (will be light greyed) use this code in the box

=If(GetCurrentField(Group) = 'Period', Red(), Blue())

Hope that helps.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello,

You can use the GetCurrentField(GroupName) function in a conditional, so go to your chart, Expressions tab, expand the expression options, and in the Background Color (will be light greyed) use this code in the box

=If(GetCurrentField(Group) = 'Period', Red(), Blue())

Hope that helps.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Yes you can do that.

You can have calculated colors.

Go to the calculated color and use below expression.

if(GetCurrentField(group_name) = 'Month',Rgb(255,255,255),rgb(123,123,123))

I hope this will help you

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

Hi i have tried Miguel's Code and its working perfectly....

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the answer, it is working now.I have one more problem.

I have one more query that,to change the color of the label of dimensions in the Drill down group....

Thanks for the previous reply

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

I'm afraid I'm missing something. Where exactly within the chart do you want to change colors?

Regards.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,suppose when we are having the drill down group in the table,with the dimensions as Period and Year ,and when we are selecting the period,the color of the label also changes with the data in the fields, ie the Label name as Period shoulb be also blue with the coreespondind data..

If you have some suggestion than do post.

Thanks