Did you mean: 
msawyercke
Creator
Creator

Fiscal Year/Graph question

Hi,

I have the following chart which shows unit openings by month:

Capture.JPG

However, our fiscal year begins 1/31/17, so the data shown for Jan above (3 units) actually is January 2018.  I'm currently using the expression : =[Opening Date.autoCalendar.Month] as the dimension, and the expression Count(DISTINCT {<[PS Number] = {"=[Opening Date]> '1/31/2017' and [Opening Date]< '1/30/2018'"}>} [PS Number]) as the measure.

I would like the above chart to start in February, then end in Jan (i.e. show January after Dec on the right) to properly show the sequence of months as it relates to our fiscal calendar.

I've searched and read some posts related to defining Fiscal Year on this site, but those posts are confusing.

Can someone please assist?  Thanks in advance!

12 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

no worries.

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
msawyercke
Creator
Creator
Author

Lech,

Just wanted to circle back with you on this.

I have another field in my data that lists each location by Opening FY and Period.  So, I'm simply going to use that field to graph my data.  And it seems to work fine, as shown here:

Capture.JPG

You have been kind to volunteer your time to help, and just want you to know that I really appreciate it!

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

No worries - pleasure to help,

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.