micro c                   8

micro x                   3

micro y                   10

micro z                    2

with the below data I'd like to display the bars based on the bins below,

there are 3 micros that have between 0-3 people per micro

there is 1 micro that has between 4-7 people per micro

there are 2 micros that have between 8-11 people per micro

how would I tweak the Count(Sum(Aggr(If(Sum([Planned Hours]) > 0, 1, 0), [Pva Micro], [Pva Emp Name]))) statement to test those conditions?

IF

(

ValueList('0-3','4-7','8-11','12-15','16-19','20-23','24+') = '0-3', Count(Sum(Aggr(If(Sum([Planned Hours]) > 0, 1, 0), [Pva Micro], [Pva Emp Name]))),

IF

(

ValueList('0-3','4-7','8-11','12-15','16-19','20-23','24+') = '4-7', ....

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

so, basically, it would be count all of the macros that have between 0 and 3 people

count all of the macros that have between 4 and 7 people..

I just can't get the syntax. 

Not applicable
Author

So if I get your requirement correctly, do you want a bar chart like this

Bins.JPG

Then one way to do this is,

Dimension :  =ValueList('0-3','4-7','8-11','12-15','16-19','20-23','24+')

Mesures :

=if(

ValueList('0-3','4-7','8-11','12-15','16-19','20-23','24+')='0-3',count({<[PEOPLE Per MICRO]={"<4"}>}[MICRO NAME]),

if(ValueList('0-3','4-7','8-11','12-15','16-19','20-23','24+')='4-7',count({<[PEOPLE Per MICRO]={">3<8"}>}[MICRO NAME]),

if(ValueList('0-3','4-7','8-11','12-15','16-19','20-23','24+')='8-11',count({<[PEOPLE Per MICRO]={">7<12"}>}[MICRO NAME]))

))

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

my only issue is that <[PEOPLE Per MICRO]> is not an actual loaded value...it's a calculated measure using this

Sum(Aggr(If(Sum([Planned Hours]) > 0, 1, 0), [Pva Micro], [Pva Emp Name]))

so what would the syntax be for this?

would it be something like this?

Count({$(Sum(Aggr(If(Sum([Planned Hours]) > 0, 1, 0), [Pva Micro], [Pva Emp Name])))={"<4"}}($Sum(Aggr(If(Sum([Planned Hours]) > 0, 1, 0), [Pva Micro], [Pva Emp Name]))))

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I've tried all kinds of expressions..

Count({{(Sum(Aggr(If(Sum([Planned Hours]) > 0, 1, 0), [Pva Micro], [Pva Emp Name])))}={"<4"}}Aggr(Sum(Aggr(If(Sum([Planned Hours]) > 0, 1, 0), [Pva Micro], [Pva Emp Name])), [Pva Micro]))

Help!  I just don't understand the syntax.  how do I program with the calculated measure?!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I'm losing my mind here... I tried this below.  I just do not understand how to get what I'm looking for.

The    Sum(Aggr(If(Sum([Planned Hours]) > 0, 1, 0), [Pva Micro], [Pva Emp Name])      expression creates a field that can be summed to calculate people per macro.  how can I use that formula to calculate the histogram distribution of the count of  macros containing between 0-3 people, count of macros containing 4-7 people...etc. 

what do I need to do to tweak this statement? 

Count(aggr(Sum(Aggr(If(Sum([Planned Hours]) > 0, 1, 0), [Pva Micro], [Pva Emp Name]))={"<4"}) [Pva Micro]),

i feel like I'm close..i'm just not understanding something, obviously..

here is a snapshot of the histogram charting calcs that I'm attempting.  I'm sure that there's a much better way to do this.  I'm completely new to this..

IF

(

ValueList('0-3','4-7','8-11','12-15','16-19','20-23','24+') = '0-3', Count(aggr(Sum(Aggr(If(Sum([Planned Hours]) > 0, 1, 0), [Pva Micro], [Pva Emp Name]))={"<4"}) [Pva Micro]),

IF

(

ValueList('0-3','4-7','8-11','12-15','16-19','20-23','24+') = '4-7', Count(aggr(Sum(Aggr(If(Sum([Planned Hours]) > 0, 1, 0), [Pva Micro], [Pva Emp Name]))={">3<8"} [Pva Micro]),

)

)

Not applicable
Author

Hmm I'm not sure whether this can be achieved using value lists.

But if you're interested in class interval bar graph, my suggestion is to play around with the class function.

Dimension : =class(aggr(Count({<[Planned Hours] = {'>0'}>}[Pva Emp Name]),  [Pva Macro]),2,'-')

Measure : Count(distinct [Pva Macro])