Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Can SAP Connector read multiproviders

I am new to QV using 8.5. I have inherited QV reporting for a new SAP installation and was asked by our BW consultant if the connector can access multiproviders. Not sure what they are

Any insight?

Thanks

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Moelkers,

It has been so long since you posted this. but I am stuck in same issue right now. did you find any solution how to do that??

Regards

Ian_Crosland
Employee
Employee

Hi

A multiprovider within BW is a special type of Infoprovider which can contain data from several BW sources for example combining 2 separate cubes or combining multiple ODS objects.  QlikView can pull data from these via a couple of routes:

• Build a BeX query on the multiprovider and use the OLAP connector to link to this (depending on data volumes)
  • Determine the underlying logic of what is contained in the multiprovider and use the SQL connector to pull the base tables, for example a multiprovider may pull data from a sales and accounting cube, so we could use the SQL connector to pull the required fact/master data tables.  For large volume cubes this will be the most performant approach

Ian

suniljain
Master
Master

Its tough OR Not Possible to Build a BeX query on the multiprovider and use the OLAP connector to link to this (depending on data volumes)

Pls Try.