Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kalmirall
Contributor III
Contributor III

Blank screen when working in QlikSense Desktop (3.1 S4)

Hi Vinay-

My co-worker and I have followed all the instructions in the Blank Screen when Opening Qlik Sense Desktop post, and are still experiencing the blank screen issue (though we are able to work slightly longer in the desktop version than previous to uninstalling and re-downloading Qliksense).

Can you advise what steps to take next?

Thank you,

Katie and Kate

vkr

51 Replies
Not applicable

I still have the same problem after upgrading to 3.1.4

All the people here have the same problem, is it a regional thing?

mvv
Employee
Employee

Kurt - Have you upgraded to 3.1 sr4? Many have been helped by that.

Not applicable

Can you please try the following:

Start desktop and wait for it to stop at the blank screen with the rain drop animation.

Open your favorite browser and navigate to http://localhost:4848/hub

Do you get the same page?

Not applicable

Kaitlin, do you have both Qlik Sense Desktop and Qlik Sense Server installed on the same machine?

kalmirall
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

No…different machines. I’m still getting the blank screen error- the initial one I push through by pressing F5 about 10x. The one I get when I have apps open is apparently due to a memory leak triggered by a piece of the load script, which I’ve attempted to plug by pulling some of my load script out into a notepad file and using (for example) $(Must_Include=[lib://FY17APIs/bigifAP.txt]) in the script to reference that file.

Not applicable

Thanks for the feedback.

kschramm
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Thanks Martin.  Yes, that was the issue in my case.   Appreciate you following up!  I did the F5 once and all is good now.

mvv
Employee
Employee

Hi Kate

Have you also tried Kaitlings suggestion with success? (I saw you worked together)

"The one I get when I have apps open is apparently due to a memory leak triggered by a piece of the load script, which I’ve attempted to plug by pulling some of my load script out into a notepad file and using (for example) $(Must_Include=[lib://FY17APIs/bigifAP.txt]) in the script to reference that file."

Not applicable

mvv
Employee
Employee

This should not happen with SR6 - can you confirm that you have SR6 under Installed programs?
If yes we have to figure out why this is happening for you.