Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Connect Qlik Server to DB

Hi everyone,

as you might guess from my question I am kind of new to this whole Qlik stuff. The company I am working for decided to have Qlik installed on our Server, and now asked me to find out how to connect it to our databases. Since I couldnt find any helpful advice so far, I am now asking the experts amongst you to help me out. Maybe anyone can provide some sort of "How to"-guide or even a video tutorial.

Thanks in advance,

Simon

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Create an app and in the load data section there is a button to create new connections.

Chose the appropriate connector Ole db and SQL server is the one I use and enter your DB credentials if you are used to connecting to databases then it's straight forward.

Location, user name/password to access the db and the db name  should be enoigh.

You can Test the connection in there before you save.

If you created the app on desktop version then the data connection will be uploaded to the server when you import the app.

if you are creating the app on the server the connection will be created straight on the server with your username added to the end of the connection. You can edit this in the data connectors section of the server if you want that removed.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
shraddha_g
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

what are the db specifications?

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Create an app and in the load data section there is a button to create new connections.

Chose the appropriate connector Ole db and SQL server is the one I use and enter your DB credentials if you are used to connecting to databases then it's straight forward.

Location, user name/password to access the db and the db name  should be enoigh.

You can Test the connection in there before you save.

If you created the app on desktop version then the data connection will be uploaded to the server when you import the app.

if you are creating the app on the server the connection will be created straight on the server with your username added to the end of the connection. You can edit this in the data connectors section of the server if you want that removed.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks, that was the kind of answer I was looking for.

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Glad I could help.