Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Users in Qlik Sense

Hello

a client has the following requirements:

• the dashboard should have section access (row level security so that each user would see data related to the assigned community)
    • this is feasible in section access
  • The dashboard should be accessible from anywhere i.e. the server is on the internet with public IP
    • this is feasible as communication is via https
  • the users (usernames) are not domain users on an active directory ; there is an application that generates usernames and passwords and each approved user receives a user name and a password for him to access the dashboard;
    • is it possible to manage these users in QMC ; the user names reside in a table in SQL server
    • we want to manage these users in QMC and give them customer properties and control what streams to view
    • can we handle these usernames and use them in section access?

Please advise

I can walk on water when it freezes
7 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Have a look at the below link. It has a authentication from Sales force. In similar fashion you can do with database.

Video Link : 3605

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable

Can the external system that generates the username/password be used to perform the Authentication process when a user tries to access Qlik Sense?

Or are you looking for Qlik Sense to manage challenging the user for a username / password and then validated it before letting the user access content?

ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II
Author

I'm actually looking for Qlik Sense to manage the authentication of users before letting them access content; these users are not windows users created on an active directory but by another application which can be read by Qlik

I just want to know how will the syntax be in Section access and if it is possible to give these users licenses etc.....

ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II
Author

the user names actually reside in a SQL table

can end users use these usernames to access content on Qlik Sense server?

what will be the syntax in Section Access (as far as I know usernames should be in the form of domain\username)

Please advise

shaun_lombard
Creator II
Creator II

Surely if the users are in a SQL database, all you would need to do is create a UDC (user directory connector) to the database. When you setup your UDC you provide a User Directory name which essentially becomes your domain name. This domain name can be used in section access.

Not applicable

‌Hi Shaun

That would handle the Authorisation problem, as the users id could now be used to control the access to data in the app via section access.

But that doesn't solve the Authentication problem does it?

Qlik will still require some way for the user to Authericate themselves before gaining access.

shaun_lombard
Creator II
Creator II

Correct, that does not solve the authentication problem.