Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
snoopyboy2599
Partner - Contributor III

Section Access won't work on DMS, any help please?

Hi

I’m testing QlikView 10 and having problemswhile trying to use DMS and Section Access function together.

Here is the Section Access table I’m using:

SA Table.jpg

The 1st one is the administrator account on the server, where the QVW file is located. Using it is for opening theQV file locally. And now it’s the only account I can use to access this QV file.

The 2nd one is a member of group QVADMIN, set up in Custom Directory in QEMC like below.

Custom Directory.jpg

The 3rd one is a group name. I’m not sure if it’s acceptable in Section Access, didn’t find related info in thereference manual. Worth a try though.

I loaded this table in the script:

QV Script.jpg

And set the Authorization to DMS authorization in QlikView Server Settings/Security in QMC.

Well, that’s all my settings.

Problems are:

1. CUSTOM\Admin account couldn’t be used to perform Reload/Distribution task in the publisher. (The Local account LAdmin can.)

Publisher.jpg

(I tried both ‘admin’ and ‘CUSTOM\admin’ in the Username box.)

2. CUSTOM\Admin account couldn’t access this file through the AccessPoint. The QV file is visible for this account.

(I reckon those two are caused by the same reason?)

3. Couldn’t use [Insert] -> [SectionAccess] -> [Publisher Authorization] function though the [Section AccessTable Url] link given by QEMC. I tried to open this link and it shows thetable correctly after I entered UserName/Password.

QEMC SA.JPG

Could anyone kindly give me some hints on those problems?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Jim Liu

5 Replies
snoopyboy2599
Author

anyone? please?

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

My take

2. Do you get an error? Do you have strict exclusion checked in the document, does the group "ADMIN" have any info on that QVW? Can you try adding "*" (without quotes) to the blank fields.

3. I'm not sure but I guess you need a QV Admin to access Section Access Management tables, and sadly that can only be achieved with an NTLM/AD account.

snoopyboy2599
Author

2.  I got an error message when trying to open this file though AccessPoint, says "Failed to open this document, You don't have access to this document."

Yes, the strict exclusion was checked when I was asking the question, but it still won't work after i unchecked this option.

CUSTOM\ADMIN is an account in CUSTOM\QVAdmin group, and I do have it in the Section Access table, which  I checked, is loaded into the QVW file. Other than that, I don't think I have any other account related info in the file.

Unfortunately, * didn't work

3. hmmm, that make sense. I couldn't try it out since I'm using DMS authorization, right? It's not critical though.

Thanks, Daniel, for giving me your opinion.

Regards,

Jim Liu

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

2. Can you try without the fields USERID, PASSWORD & OMIT

3. DMS has nothing to do with that, you will need to have the user running the distribution service added in the section access so it can reload the application and access the section access management.

snoopyboy2599
Author

2. Comment those 3 out in the script.

3. Amazingly I can perform Reload/Distribution function in the Publisher with Custom\Admin account.

However, I still couldn't open this file with Custom\Admin account through AccessPoint.

(I left Strict Exclusion unchecked.)

Looks 1 steps away.

so close and

so far ...

Jim Liu