Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
srikantj
Creator
Creator

bactch command for loading without data

Hi Qliksss

When i use this batch command qlikview application is opening without data but it is not saving automatically and then close

how can i achieve that

"C:\Program Files\QlikView\Qv.exe" /nodata "D:\QlikViewData\Dashboard\OPSSummary\OPSSummary - WIP.qvw"

Qlikss plz suggest

2 Replies
awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi there,

see below, a qvw is only saved following a full or partial reload

7.1 Command Line Syntax

The QlikView command line invocation can be described by the following syntax (for a description of the

syntax notation used, see Backus-Naur Formalism (page 931)):

[ path ]Qv.exe[ { switch } documentfile ]

The path is the path to the file, either absolute, or relative to the current directory.

documentfile::= [ path ] documentfilename

documentfilename is the name of the document file.

switch is used to mark different options:

/r

Reload switch. The document will be opened and the script reloaded. Thereafter the document will be saved,

and QlikView will close itself.

/rp

The same as above, but with a partial reload.

/l

Load new data. The document will be opened and the script reloaded. The document will not be saved and

QlikView will remain open.

/lp

The same as above, but with a partial reload.

/v

If this switch is immediately followed by a variable name and an assignment, the variable will obtain the

assigned value before the script execution starts.

/nodata

Opens the document without variables, table and field data. This feature is also available for previously

opened documents on The Start Page (page 36).

/NoSecurity

Overrides QlikView security measures against hostile macros and scripts embedded in QlikView documents.

No warning dialogs prompting the user to accept potentially harmful code will be shown. Use this switch

with caution and only with well-known documents.

Example:

qv.exe /r/vMyvar=123 abc.qvw

Andy

Jbnt
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

I have found this thread that might help you:  https://community.qlik.com/t5/QlikView-App-Development/Back-up-with-out-data/td-p/63685

Kind regards

Jacob