cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mohamedafzal
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qlikview External Login

We have a requirement to view the Qlikview report outside the network. We have used Custom users and hosted the server in public domain. Once hosted, when we click the url it directly goes to the Qlikview login page for custom users.

When I enter the username and password, it is again asking for the username and password. (Error1)When entered the Qlikview username and password, it is still not working.

When we enter the domain username and password, it is going to an error page of axpx. as attached.(Error2)

Can anyone help on this. ?

9 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you using IIS?

If so you will need to disable Windows Authentication on the App Pool that Qlikview resides in.

mohamedafzal
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Gareth.

Thanks for your reply.

I disabled the Windows Authentication for Qlikview and QvAjaxZfc. (Screenshot attached below)qlikview_Authentication.PNG

QvAjaxZfc.PNG

After disabling QvAjaxZfc, I enter the Username Password from the browser, once submit I get the error message as 'You do not have permission to view this directory or page'.

Can you please check if the correct options are followed to disable the Authentication for IIS ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you using the Alternate login form option in QMC? 

I think you will need to enable forms authentication for this

mohamedafzal
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks Gareth!.

I tried with the below option. But still it is asking for domain username and password.QWS.PNG

Domain user Authentication:

Login.PNG

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Have you studied the guides and info about Custom Authentication? You also have to set up some kind of user directory - just turning on Customer User by itself will never work. It has to be done in conjunction with some sort of user directory that can be looked up.

QlikView Security Overview Technology White Paper.pdf

An introduction to QlikView Security using Web Tickets‌  (this is one of the Custom Authentication Mechanisms that are easiest to get to work if you're unfamiliar with this in advance).

Where is you user database stored? In an external LDAP?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Where it says Login Address in QMC you need to change this to Alternate Login Page.

Image result for custom users qmc

Anonymous
Not applicable

You also need to enable Anonymous Authentication on the QvAjaxZfc site

mohamedafzal
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks Gareth.

I tried and getting the below server error. But when I login again it is working fine without asking for domain password as expected.

When I tried in other machine also it is working fine but getting server error few times. when tried immediately it is working fine.Error.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

That error is a standard page showing you that the real error reason is blocked.

Please turn customErrors mode off by editing your web.config file and repost the real error message.