Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

"Table not found" error in Qlik Sense

Hello all,

I've started teaching myself Qlik Sense over the past two months and I've recently touched on advanced scripting techniques in order to get more comfortable with data manipulation. However, while I was doing one of the exercises in the manual, I was unable to load my data and got a "table not found error" even though my script looked exactly the same as was shown in the book. It's an error regarding the "Transactions" table while I tried to use a JOIN function. Any help will be a greatly appreciated and I thank you all in advance!

Here's the script:

Join(Transactions)

LOAD

"Transaction ID",

"Salesman ID",

Product,

"Serial No",

"ID Customer",

"List Price",

"Gross Margin"

FROM [lib://Tutorial Files/Transactions.csv]

(txt, codepage is 1252, embedded labels, delimiter is ',', msq);

Join(Transactions)

LOAD

"Salesman ID",

Salesman,

"Distributor ID"

FROM [lib://Tutorial Files/Salesman.xlsx]

(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Salesman);

13 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I tried that and now it's telling me that the CrossTable is having issues (as you can see in the background, I added the JOIN(Product) above the Salesman data. Thank you for your continued assistance, I appreciate it. newest2.PNG

sunny_talwar

This seems to be an error related to the Excel file. Do you have the Excel file open? Close it, if it is open

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

The Excel file is closed. I haven't opened it since I started working on this visualization.

sunny_talwar

I am not sure what might be the issue, but it seems that Qlik Sense is unable to access the file for some reason. May be recreate the connection and see if that works for you