Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rcandeo
Creator III
Creator III

How can a selection reflects to another using Sense?

I am using Sense and I wanna make a selection in one table that reflects no another table.

In example attached I wanna select Yes or No in New_Status (on the right) and wanna this selections repeats automatically in the table on the left for Status field.

I´d use triegger in Qlik View, but as this does not exist in Sense, how can I do this please?

status.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The Set Expression looks a little bit ugly but it works:

2017-02-21 00_57_37-Qlik Sense Desktop.png

Sum( {<Status={ $(=Chr(39)&Concat(New_Status,Chr(39)&','&Chr(39))&Chr(39)) }>} Amount)

View solution in original post

8 Replies
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

What do you mean - do you want the selection in New Status to be a filter for the rows in the left-hand table?

vikraant
Creator
Creator

Hi Robson ,

I checked out the app, there is no link between Aux Table and Data table. Could you specify what exactly you want to happen when you make selections in the New_Status filter.

Thank You

Vik

rcandeo
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Yes. When my user click on New Status I wanna use this selection (Yes/No) in the table that has Status. So if select Yes, I wanna show only lines that Status = Yes.

The reason for that is that I have a more complex situation where there are tables that cannot be linked.

I think a set analisys could solve this but I am not getting a correct syntax by myself.

rcandeo
Creator III
Creator III
Author

When my user click on New Status I wanna use this selection (Yes/No) in the table that has Status. So if select Yes, I wanna show only lines that Status = Yes.

The reason for that is that I have a more complex situation where there are tables that cannot be linked.

I think a set analisys could solve this but I am not getting a correct syntax by myself.

rcandeo
Creator III
Creator III
Author

anyone please?

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The Set Expression looks a little bit ugly but it works:

2017-02-21 00_57_37-Qlik Sense Desktop.png

Sum( {<Status={ $(=Chr(39)&Concat(New_Status,Chr(39)&','&Chr(39))&Chr(39)) }>} Amount)

rcandeo
Creator III
Creator III
Author

What should I tell? It works, this is the most important.Thank You

vikraant
Creator
Creator

I have tried something which is on similar lines as Peter. I defined a variable call vSelection with following expression :

=if(GetSelectedCount(New_Status)<>0, GetFieldSelections(New_Status,',', 10), '*')

Then used the above expression

=Sum({<Status = {'$(vSelection)'}>}Amount)