Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Set Analysis Question -

I'm having issues with an expression -

Current Expression =

Sum({$<rule_group_id={10682},transcript_status_code={'N','L','S'}>}employee_id)

I am trying to count the number of employees (employee_id) who have the following transcripts (transcript_status_code={'N','L','S'}) for the rule group id (rule_group_id={10682}).

The part I know I am missing is that the rule group id points to multiple classes (course_name), however - I don't want to have to hand code in every course id.

I was able to make a master item (for a different visualization) ...

=if(rule_group_id = ('10682'),course_name)

^ Saying give me every course name that falls into this Rule Group ID. That works fine.

But I want to use the GUAGE visual and reference a % of students who have the transcript_status_code={'N','L','S'} for the rule group id and the courses that it points to.

It's probably simple but I know I'm missing one part of my puzzle with the course detail.

Any help is appreciated.

23 Replies
sunny_talwar

Not sure I understand the requirement completely. Would you be able to share an example or some images?

Not applicable
Author

Lets say I have 4 Classes I have to take in school...

Course 1

Course 2

Course 3

Course 4

And they courses get bundled up into a grouping or grade level. That grouping or level is identified by an id called Rule Group Rule = 10682.

Instead of getting a grade in the classes you get a status (transcript_status_code={'N','L','S'})

N - No You Haven't Passed the Class

L - You've Launched the Online Class

S - You've Scheduled the Class

^ all 3 statuses mean that you haven't completed the classed yet.

I want to count the number of Employees (employee_id)

Who has not completed (transcript_status_code={'N','L','S'})  ALL 4 courses (course_name)

By level (rule group id = 10682)

LEVEL 1 (identifier as 'Rule Group Id')

Course 1 (All Courses Identifier as 'Course Name')

Course 2

Course 3

Course 4

N - No You Haven't Passed the Class (All Status Identifiers as 'transcript_status_code={'N','L','S'})

L - You've Launched the Online Class

S - You've Scheduled the Class

And a Count on Employee (employee_id)

Does this help?

sunny_talwar

May be this:

Count({$<employee_id = {"=Count(DISTINCT {<rule_group_id={10682}, transcript_status_code={'N','L','S'}>} course_name) = 4"}>} employee_id)

This will count only those employee_id where count of all four course_name for a particular employee_id is either N or L or S

Not applicable
Author

Sunny,

Could you explain the #4 and what that is doing?

Not applicable
Author

The count I got on the left is by course - (10 current courses - but theses courses could come and go all the time). I would assume that the left chart and the gauge should match by counts.

sunny_talwar

May be this:

Count({$<employee_id = {"=Count(DISTINCT {<rule_group_id={10682}, transcript_status_code={'N','L','S'}>} course_name) = Count(TOTAL DISTINCT {<rule_group_id={10682}>} course_name)"}>} employee_id)

Not applicable
Author

That did this...

sunny_talwar

I think I am not completely sure of your requirement.

Not applicable
Author

Let me ask this - is there a way to reference a Master Item in an expression for a measure?