Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

how to recreate a connection with an excel file (qlik sense desktop)?

Hi, I create an app in qlik sense desktop wich data source is an excel file in my desktop.

I wish to share this app with others so I share the app file (in documents/qlik/sense/apps) but the data of the excel, although I share the same file and I put it in their desktops, appears as not available (the conection to the desktop folder appears as only read and i can not modify it). I also can not delete that connection,

I can not delete any table or add any data (Qlik gives me 2 different error mesages: the first one says that there is not app loaded that qlik can not recover any ap data, the second one that qlik can not add any geodata)

How can I share the app so thtat in others computers I can link the excel file so as to add or modify data?

2 Replies
rogerioqv
Creator II
Creator II

Luciano,

If you're using Sense Desktop, just sharing the cloud file, so each time you update the app you can publish it and everyone will access the updated data.

If it is not in the cloud, you must install Sense Desktop on all computers and create the same connection repository on all machines and each update individually as if it were an individual app on each computer.

Try to get Sense Server and all these problems will end.

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

If you want to Share your App beyond prototyping then publishing to the Cloud or Server is the way to go.  As youve found distributing your desktop app lets users explore the data but not refresh it.  When you export your app from server for example all the data connections are wiped they want colabrotive refreshes to be done on those environments.