Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rdsuperlike
Creator
Creator

forcing small data values that dont show up in the bar chart

I have a bar chart where by clicking on Chart properties-->expressions-->values on data points, you can see all the values.

Although sometimes you wont see if the value is too small. eg: grey part of the bar chart for 2017 in the pic attached.

I know we can make it appear forcefully by adding formulae in presentation tab -->text in chart.  I tried but it doesn't seem to give correct answer

My expressions and dimensions are as below:

I have below dimension and expressions in the chart properties for bar chart

Dimension: =if("Year" = 'FY-16' or "Year" = 'FY-17', "Fiscal Year")

expr = count(if(TYPE] = 'I' and [Job ] <> 'Direct', [REASON G]))/((count({< [TYPE],[TREASON],[REASON G] = >} (if([Job ]<> 'Direct', [EMPLID]))))/2)

I tried putting below in presentation tab -->text in chart . But doesnt work. basically doesnt give same value as it should give when you hover over the chart:

=num (

(

count(if([TYPE] = 'I' and [Job] <> 'Direct' and [Year] = 'FY-17', [REASON G]))

/

(count({< [TYPE],[TREASON],[REASON G] = >} (if([Job ]<> 'Direct', [EMPLID]))))/2

)

, '#,##0.00%'

)

Can someone help here?

3 Replies
sarvesh
Creator III
Creator III

Hi..Ria,

You can make a so-called Master Calendar that contains all the dates from min to max date. You generate this in your load script and it is a standard thing that is taught in QlikView classes and the subject of most QlikView books. QlikView Components even have a best-practice "component"/script-function to generate one for you:

https://community.qlik.com/thread/40043

There is a lot of information on this community if you search for Master Calendar - for instance this intro from Michael Tarallo:

Understanding the Master Calendar (video)

sasikanth
Master
Master

HI ria,

You should aggregate the formula based on your dimension. try below one

Num (

Aggr(

(count(if([TYPE] = 'I' and [Job] <> 'Direct' and [Year] = 'FY-17', [REASON G]))

/

(count({< [TYPE],[TREASON],[REASON G] = >} (if([Job ]<> 'Direct', [EMPLID]))))/2 )

,"Fiscal Year")

, '#,##0.00%')

sarvesh
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Ria,

Please remember to mark this as "helpful" & "correct answer" If your problem has been resolved.

This will help users identify the answers should they come across this thread in the future.

Regard's

Sarvesh Srivastava