Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jaarroyl
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hot to get the position of a variable in base its price

Hi, I need help to get the position of a variable in base its price. I have a list of 10 business with names "X" and market prices and I want to know what is the position of my company according my price in ascending order. For example: From 10 Bussines Prices my company is the First one, that wants to say, Im the number one.

Thanks

18 Replies
jaarroyl
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks very much.

I have not seen that before.

jaarroyl
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi mate, How are you? Do yo have a posible solution to it?

Thanks

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Sorry for late reply. I did check it, still trying how you can get the Rownumber of that specific company. I have used Aggr function but your table is sorted based on Precio and also Alphabetically. We might have to use Sortable aggr function which is in QV V12. I am out of ideas here, let us see if any one can help us. And your file is very big, can you reduce your data sample.

stalwar1marcowedelvinieme12nicole_kowalsky‌ any help on this please?

sunny_talwar

May be this:

=Only({<[Corredor o Compañía]={'HDI Seguros'}>}Aggr(Num(Rank(-Max(Precio))), [Tipo de vehiculo], [Corredor o Compañía]))

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Thats amazing Sunny. I believe this is what he wants to have. Thanks very much for your time.

Jaime let us know if this is what you are looking for.

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Would you mind sunny can you explain that Aggr and Rank here? My understanding is Rank(Max(Precio)) will give Rank 1 to the value 7000 but when you used Rank(-Max(Precio)) the rank shifted to top to bottom ? Am i right?

sunny_talwar

Yup, you are right. Rank(-Expression) gives rank 1 to the minimum value instead of the max value.

jaarroyl
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I have to say two things. Love you jajajajajaj.

That's perfect.

thanks you both for all the assistence.

whatever thing I could help, dont doubt to ask me.

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Good to hear. Close this thread by marking Sunny's expression.

=Only({<[Corredor o Compañía]={'HDI Seguros'}>}Aggr(Num(Rank(-Max(Precio))), [Tipo de vehiculo], [Corredor o Compañía]))