cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

User unable to get login popup on access point

Hello All,

We have a user unable to login to our access point.

The problem is that he is not getting the login popup for his user name and password.

He gets to the loading content page, but no way to login using:

website/qlikview

But gets intermittent access without logging in using:

website/qlikview/index.htm

This must mean he is logged in on the browser.

He is running Firefox (Unknown version)

I instructed him to clear cookies (and turn off popup blocker just in case) to no avail.

Seems like it must be a local issue, browser or otherwise.

His user works on other computers in his office.

I recently changed from Alternate login page to Default login page.

It worked for him on Alternate.

Server version: 11.20.11922.0

Authentication settings:

AuthenticationSettings.JPG

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

With browser authentication selected (used by the default login page), the task of authenticating a user is delegated to the browser. On your first visit, the browser will dutyfully ask the user for a username and password using a typical browser popup.

Here's the catch: in most browsers, that popup includes a checkbox and an explanation similar to "Remember my credentials". If you just mark this checkbox once and perform a successful login, the browser will remember your credentials for this web site and log you in automatically every time you visit that particular URL.

You can only tell your user to clear the browser cache (including the list of stored username/password combinations) and not to mark this checkbox ever again. You should only use the default login page if you want to use SSO or get as near to it as possible.

Best,

Peter

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Can you try from your end before moving to user for specific user. And ask to user and install the Same Version Firefox then use from your prospect for UAT and then check(It should be Default login page only)

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

With browser authentication selected (used by the default login page), the task of authenticating a user is delegated to the browser. On your first visit, the browser will dutyfully ask the user for a username and password using a typical browser popup.

Here's the catch: in most browsers, that popup includes a checkbox and an explanation similar to "Remember my credentials". If you just mark this checkbox once and perform a successful login, the browser will remember your credentials for this web site and log you in automatically every time you visit that particular URL.

You can only tell your user to clear the browser cache (including the list of stored username/password combinations) and not to mark this checkbox ever again. You should only use the default login page if you want to use SSO or get as near to it as possible.

Best,

Peter

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for you response. While I have not gotten a clear resolution from the user, I think you have it here.