Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Line Chart, choose date, accumulative sum?

Hello gurus.

I'm quite new to QlikView, and have some trouble with creating a line chart with accumulative values.

I've searched around, but either I suck at searching, or the answers and solutions I've tried haven't worked.

I'm creating a report regarding warehouse stock over time.

I have a data file giving me different movement types on products, quantities in/out date-wise (if you're familiar with SAP, it's the MB51-report).

Now, I want to have a line-chart that will give me total value of the stock on a selected date, and total quantities.

As this is a "balance", I need to sum from day one up to the selected date.

In a straight table, this expression does the trick, at least showing me the stock on a particular date;

Sum({<Date={"<=$(=max(Date))"}>} [Quantity])

But my line chart (using month/year as dimension) seems to sum the quantity movements each month instead of giving me the total quantity (= stock quantity).

Would anyone be helpful on this problem?

Quantity line chart.png

The in-going balance at the start in November 2011 shows a quantity of 171.000, and December 2011 shows 37.000.

But the stock quantity in December should be 171.000+37.000 = 208.000.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Use something like below

RangeSum(Above(SUM({<Date = {"<=$(=Max(Date))"}>}Quantity),0,RowNo()))

View solution in original post

13 Replies
MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Use something like below

RangeSum(Above(SUM({<Date = {"<=$(=Max(Date))"}>}Quantity),0,RowNo()))

nitin_01
Creator
Creator

Hi Vegard,

You can use 'Accumulate' under Expression tab in the chart using graphically or you can use the set expression as said by @manish kachhia in above comment.

Regards,

Nitin

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

That's brilliant, Manish - works like a charm!

Now, I know this wasn't part of my original question, but say I'm choosing a year, lets say 2015.

The chart now only shows the 12 months in that year which is what I want, but it then just sums whatever happened that year.

Would it be possible to, in the same chart, to choose a year, and get the same values as from your expression?

It would basically be just a "zoom" of this result:

Quantity line chart 2.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Ah, that was also helpful

Thanks, Nitin!

sunny_talwar

May be like this

RangeSum(Above(SUM({<Date = {"<=$(=Max(Date))"}, YearField>}Quantity), 0, RowNo())) * Avg({<Date = {"<=$(=Max(Date))"}>}1)

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

stalwar1‌solution will work.. Just check and update here.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Changed YearField to Year, but getting "No data to display".

RangeSum(Above(SUM({<Date = {"<=$(=Max(Date))"}, Year>}Quantity), 0, RowNo())) *

Avg({<Date = {"<=$(=Max(Date))"}>}1)

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

It should work.. I just checked with dummy data and it's working...

sunny_talwar

Yup, I don't see a reason why it shouldn't work. Would you be able to share a sample where this isn't working for you?

Preparing examples for Upload - Reduction and Data Scrambling

Uploading a Sample