Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Load data from MongoDB

Hi All,

What is right way to load data from MongoDB?

Currently mi Stack is:

MongoDB - QVSource (MongoDB Connector V2) - Qlik Sense Desktop

What im doing right now,

In Qlik Sense,

1. Created a new App 'Test'
  2. Added a Web File with URL from QVSource 'mongo'.
  3. Written Load script in Qlik Sense from above created web file as this
    1. LOAD
      1. linking_id as Name,
      2. "timestamp" as "Time",
      3. value as Value
    2. FROM [lib://mongo]
    3. (qvx);

Sometimes it doesn't load thought it loads by url in browser.

Thanks in Advance.

13 Replies
sagarkharpude
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Petter,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes you are right. I am able to connect to the XML file. But it's gave the error. I have attached that xml file.

Appreciate your help.

Regards

Sagar

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

This isn't an XML file it is a JSON  file. So trying to use it as an XML file will give an error.message naturally.

sagarkharpude
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Petter,

Can you please tell me how to pull this data in correct format. It's showing values as below :

[{ "Address" : "00:0A:F7:2D:2C:D1", "IpAddresses" : [{ "Address" : "10.180.74.14", "IPSubnet" : "255.255.252.0" }, { "Address" : "fe80::b57d:f0e7:3891:bd21", "IPSubnet" : "64" }] }]

{ "InventorySiteId" : "0c396f1f-2139-4590-8c75-4a47ae8bb407", "SiteComputerId" : "0a604b58-1994-4958-b40f-adc8232b74a5" }

[{ "_t" : "DirectX", "Version" : "4.9.0.904" }, { "_t" : "Antivirus", "Name" : "AVG CloudCare AntiVirus", "State" : "262160" }]

I have only REST connector installed.

Thanks

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The screenshot you showed much earlier in this thread is not from the Qlik REST Connector. That is from a file connector... I am a little bit confused - have you switched over from trying to read from file to reading directly from a http based source with the REST Connector?

Which version of the REST Connector are you using? And which version of Qlik Sense are you using the screenshot is not Qlik Sense it is QlikView....

Anyway the content you show above can in some contexts be interpreted as valid JSON - for instance if you have a Python reading the three lines as individual lines and trying to deserialize them into a Python object...

However reading this from for instance Apache Drill or many other tools they wouldn't accept this form of mixing of records... could you share the entire file?