Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OmarBenSalem

Problem with Color by Dimension

Hi mto‌,

Another thing with Qlik Sense 3.2 is the color by dimension; In fact, every time I choose to colour by dimension, I see only one value colored.

Here's an example:

Capture.PNG

Here's another one:

Capture.PNG

Thank you,

3 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Omar,

I think this has to do with the way the data is associated, example: one to many or many to one.

In this case for the pie charts you are coloring slices that belong to multiple regions (terror code). Hence it becomes light gray. If each slice only belonged to one you would get colors on each slide.

Try this: Take one of the pie charts and copy it. Then convert it to a table and then add [Terrory Code] as a new column. You will see which slices has multiple values.

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Regards,

Michael Tarallo (@mtarallo) | Twitter

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
OmarBenSalem
Author

Hi Michael, The dimension in the pie chart is also terrory code

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Omar - please attach the screenshot of the table I mentioned in the previous post. If there are multiple territory codes in a particular region - this is why. If you can attach your .qvf file as well that will help.

Thanks

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik