Hi there!

I need help with the following issue.

To make things simple, I have a similar script as the one here:

LOAD

BusinessUnit,

YTD,

Pipeline

FROM xxx....;

but to create a stacked bar chart I need a new measure dependent on the ones I am loading first, so I need the following to work:

LOAD

BusinessUnit,

YTD,

Pipeline,

YTD - Pipeline as RunRate

FROM xxx....;

The data load of this script is successful with no errors, but RunRate has no values

I have tried to load variable names and their formulae from a script, which outputs the same result with only an additional step that provides no added value.

If I create a table visualization using the either script and in the measure fx field I use YTD-Pipeline (not the RunRate measure) it shows the correct values...

If I create a measure defining it in the Measures tab, it also works fine. However, I am not able to use it to create my stacked bar chart because defined like that it does calculate the values but it does not belong to any table...

I also tried a RESIDENT LOAD trying to add RunRate as follows:

TempTable:

LOAD

BusinessUnit,

YTD,

Pipeline

FROM xxx....;

FinalTable:

LOAD

BusinessUnit,

YTD,

Pipeline,

YTD-Pipeline as RunRate

RESIDENT TempTable;

But that gives the very same results: no values in RunRate...

The goal is to be able to re-use measures in the load script.

Does anyone have a hint? It will be much appreciated. Thanks!

11 Replies
demonioazul
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi kaushik.solanki‌,

I noticed that from my Community profile Inbox it is not possible to reply and attach files.

As explained above, I thought it would be easy to just extrapolate the hint to a more complicated data load... but I could not do that...

I get the data from different sources (for this purpose I put the data in different tabs in the data file) and try to merge them in one app so I can make comparisons, visualizations and tables...( but it has proven more complicated than expected... I've using Qlik Sense almost two years now and this challenge is the hardest I ever had so far...)

Then, after merging those tables, I need to calculate  also an offset using the variables to generate a crosstable with two dimensions and one measure in order to be able to plot a stacked bar chart, Something like this:

EM TAR (ALL OPPS).jpg

which, by the way, I am able to create by having the table generated in the attached QVF and calculating manually the offsets...

But I want to have everything automated...

Or maybe my approach is wrong?

If I can accomplish to load a table similar to the one shown in the Sample - TAR.xlsx file, then I would be able to generate the table with no issues... but so far I haven't been able to find the right way...

I can generate each Business Unit (BU) or Business Segment (BS) chart separately by manually creating the tables for them, but that is not the case... I need Qlik Sense to do it for me...

I want that chart to show dynamically the information for any BU or any BS I choose...

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Demian,

I will sure go through the problem statement and the sample data. I request you to create a new post so that it can help others too.

Once you do that, please reply here with the post link, so that i can reply to that.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!