Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

What NOW() function will output??

stalwar1s@@@@@who knows what the now function used below in my expression will produce??

IF(TICKET_STATUS = 'WORK IN PROGRESS' OR TICKET_STATUS='HOLD' OR TICKET_STATUS='ASSIGNED' OR TICKET_STATUS='NEW',

IF(TIER='GOLD' AND NOW()>RESOLVE_BEFORE,'OUT_OF_SLA','IN_SLA'),

IF(TIER='SILVER',

IF(DECODE_PRIORITY ='High' AND (NOW()+2)>RESOLVE_BEFORE,'OUT_OF_SLA',

IF(DECODE_PRIORITY='Medium' AND (NOW()+7)>RESOLVE_BEFORE,'OUT_OF_SLA',

IF(DECODE_PRIORITY='Low' AND (NOW()+10)>RESOLVE_BEFORE,'OUT_OF_SLA','IN_SLA')))))

I want the number(2) in  (NOW()+2) to be in DAYs and not HOURS??

e.g NOW()+2DAYS

92 Replies
sunny_talwar

May be try with LastWorkDay. For example, if I use =LastWorkDate(Today(), 5), I get March 6th 2017. Is this sort of what you wanted? To get 5 working days forward from today?

Not applicable
Author

Yes, 5 working days from today. which part of the code should I change ??

Not applicable
Author

How will it be incorporated into the code above ?

sunny_talwar

Like this

IF(DECODE_PRIORITY='Medium' and Now() > LastWorkDate(TimeStamp#(SubField(RESOLVE_BEFORE, ' ', 1) & ' ' & Trim(Mid(RESOLVE_BEFORE, Len(SubField(RESOLVE_BEFORE, ' ', 1)) + 1)), 'MMMM DD, YYYY hh:mm:ssTT'), 5)

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunny,

The 7 you changed to 5 is actually 7 working days. Sure the changes would affect the expected result??

sunny_talwar

Hahahaha it should... I am not 100% confident though.... But what do you loose by trying? 5-10 mins? I would give it a try to see if it works as your would expect or not

sunny_talwar

With this though

IF(DECODE_PRIORITY='Medium' and Now() > LastWorkDate(TimeStamp#(SubField(RESOLVE_BEFORE, ' ', 1) & ' ' & Trim(Mid(RESOLVE_BEFORE, Len(SubField(RESOLVE_BEFORE, ' ', 1)) + 1)), 'MMMM DD, YYYY hh:mm:ssTT'), 7)

Not applicable
Author

I wouldn't know till it malfunctions lol. Unfortunately that's the sad part.

Not applicable
Author

Its giving me errors, where do I wrap the brackets ?? LastWorkDate(this bracket)

Not applicable
Author

And I want it applied to that +7 alone not the field RESOLVE_BEFORE.