Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Restrict the filter with the chart

Hi,

I am working on an application where I need to show the following objects in the same sheet:

Filter: Country

Chart : City and Population.

At the backend I have tables like Country, State and City.

Country and State tables are joined,

State and City tables are joined  based on the foreign keys.

So, I have to display a chart with City and Population. But the Country filter should hold only the country values whose states are shown in the chart.

Country                     State                  City

India                      Maharashtra      Mumbai

United States         New Jersey       Princeton

Canada                   Torronto

Here in the Country filter, I should have only the values:   India and United Sates, Canada should be hidden or greyed out.

Do you have any idea on how to implement this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ahaahaaha
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi Sudha,

Difficult to answer on the basis of a verbal description of the problem.  In the attached file, example of solving as a variant. Tables "Table1" and "Table2" create the the data, as I understand them from your description. Table "TableFilterCountry" is created specially for use in the filter.

If the example does not help, you could not submit a sample of their source data?

Regards,

Andrey

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ahaahaaha
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi Sudha,

Difficult to answer on the basis of a verbal description of the problem.  In the attached file, example of solving as a variant. Tables "Table1" and "Table2" create the the data, as I understand them from your description. Table "TableFilterCountry" is created specially for use in the filter.

If the example does not help, you could not submit a sample of their source data?

Regards,

Andrey

Not applicable
Author

Hello Andrey,

Thanks for your answer. I achieved that using  " if(isnull(City)=0, Country)"  in the Country filter.