Did you mean: 
ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

help in security rule

Hello

I'm working on Qlik sense 3.2

I need to accomplish the following:

I need to enable the Edit button on top right for only the users who got a specific value of a custom property

please advise

I can walk on water when it freezes
27 Replies
ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II
Author

I really appreciate your research

But may you please explain to me what you have here

What is the purpose of edit stream custom property?

And what security rules should be added to avoid other users lose access to their apps

As I told you before these security rules are so complicated

MK9885
Master II
Master II

Edit Stream is just a random name I gave to my Custom property for my stream and users and Edit is Custom property for my Apps and Users.

In your case it can be

User = user_can_edit_content

Value = Yes and check create mark and try what it does?

Disabling the default App_ rule will disable apps to other users. First try without disabling default App  stream and just disable CreateAppObjectsPublishedApp security rule.

Disable Edit button in Qlik Sense

More on the above link

OmarBenSalem

Hi Aehman,

I already done as you,

1) disabled the CreateAppObjectsPublishedApp security rule

2) created a new like this :

Capture.PNG

That didn't prohibit other users from editing published apps !

I also tried this :

I disabled the rule called: CreateAppObjectsPublishedApp

copied it and created a new rule :

filter : App.Object_*

create- update

rule:

!resource.App.stream.Empty() and resource.App.HasPrivilege("read") and (resource.objectType = "userstate" or resource.objectType = "sheet" or resource.objectType = "story" or resource.objectType = "bookmark" or resource.objectType = "snapshot" or resource.objectType = "embeddedsnapshot" or resource.objectType = "hiddenbookmark") and user.name="Administrator"

But nothing happens, all of the users still can edit and create sheets in published apps.

ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II
Author

same here

I disabled the CreateAppObjectsPublishedApp

I created a security rule as above and ALL USERS can edit and duplicate sheets

SECURITY RULES ARE SO COMPLICATED

We had a client who switched to QlikView because of these security rules that we couldn't fullfill

Why in the hell sake Qlik doesn't put an option (check box) User can edit ??

I hate these security rules they are making my life like hell

BTW create a rule on Streams and put True in the advanced editor and all users will see everything

MK9885
Master II
Master II

Ok, the part here is very tricky. It got me confused as well but finally got the result we wanted.

Thanks to Ali for raising this issue, I didn't know we could do this and will be helpful for my future projects.

1. Disable CreateAppObjectsPublishedApp security rule

2. Custom property created for users and added to the to a Stream

-Edit Stream consists of values 'Stream' and 'Users'

-Edit consists of values 'App' and 'Users'

Then add the above custom properties to your required users and required stream.

Edit Stream.PNG

3. Sheet access to users (sometimes in group the users won't get sheet access, they will have app access but not sheet)

so follow the below rule ONLY IF they cannot see sheet.

Sheet Access to user.PNG

4. App Access to User group, IF there are more than 1 app then create separate custom property for each app

App Access to Group.PNG

6. Now the answer to the question which we've been asking since 3 days....

If you see, I checked READ in actions and no other box.

Added Stream (Edit Stream) and App group (Edit). This will disable Edit for all users in this stream ONLY.

Edit Stream.PNG

7. Edit only for 1 user in below rule.

I check CREATE in Actions box. Added the Edit Stream, user name and App custom property (Edit),

You can group users too instead of individual names.

Edit only for 1 user.PNG

8. Finally the result will be as below.... No Edit for one of the user and edit for other user.

No Edit.PNG

MK9885
Master II
Master II

Ali, please check my reply below to Omar.

Hope this time you can create the rule, thanks.

ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II
Author

Hello Aeham

thank you for not giving up!!

I finally was able to accomplish this by doing the following; and I think is similar to what you did

• I disabled the default Stream security rule; at this stage users can't see any stream
  • I created a custom property called Users_Access_Type which took several values depending on the streams that were available; the scope of this custom property is Stream, and User
  • Now each user who wants to access or see a specific stream then I gave that user the same value of the custom property as the stream to be accessed
  • at this stage users can see the streams in the hub but cannot see any app inside
  • I created another custom property and called it User_Access_To_Apps and as above I gave each app a value from this custom property and each user should have the same value as the app to be able to see it
  • and the same is applied for the sheets
  • finally I modified CreateAppObjectsPublishedApps and added the following conditions in the advanced editor:user.@brims_users_can_edit_content="Yes" and user.@brims_access_type=resource.app.@brims_access_type

and finally it works

but don't tell me security rules are straight forward

MK9885
Master II
Master II

Glad it worked out for you!

I believe you can close this post by marking your own answer as correct!

Yes the security rules are quite complex. I'm currently working on disabling the default Stream/App.

And creating my own rules for users (it is really painful).....

There should be a video from Qlik Sense to explain in more detail, not just overview. If it is there then hopefully someone can post a link of that video here.

Thanks.