Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Hiding data connections shortcuts in Data load editor - Qliksense

Hi Guys

I am trying to hide data connections shortcuts in Data load editor. Changed lot of security rules but that didn't help.  Do we have any work around to hide data connections appearing in users data load panel ??

I am trying to hide "B" segment in the below link

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/3.1/Subsystems/Hub/Content/LoadData/use-data-load-editor.htm

Regards

Ram

6 Replies
shraddha_g
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

Change the "Security Rule for Access" for that particular Data Connection.

By default Data connection is accessible to owner of the connection.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Shraddha

We found this security rule and we are now struck with active directory synchronization with LDAP filters. If you have any idea just give your inputs

Working environment  (Qliksense3.1 SR4   Version: 10.7.3)

Windows server 2012 installed on VMware virtual machine. Here AD sync is working and able to import new users with LDAP filters

Non- Working environment  (Qliksense3.1    Version : 10.3.5)

Windows server 2012 installed on VMware virtual machine. Here AD sync is getting succeeded but it is only syncing the old users not importing new users with LDAP filters

Note : ‘Sync user data for existing users’ has been checked in both the environments

shraddha_g
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

Uncheck that property and then sync

Not applicable
Author

Hi Shraddha

It is working now. We disabled that option because users were automatically getting inactive and removed externally. So now we have created a group in AD with all Qliksense users and syncing them using UDC with LDAP filter.

Thanks a lot for your prompt reply. I am setting up architecture for 10,000+ users and currently we have only one server. Planning to add additional servers to scale globally. I have attached the architecture diagram of my setup. Could you please validate this and suggest me if this is ok.

Global arch.PNG

shraddha_g
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

If your issue is resolved then please mark appropriate answer as Helpful/Correct Answer to close the thread, so that others will get help from this.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Shraddha

I have opened a new thread as you advised, Could you look into this

QlikSense architecture set up for 10,000 users