Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jrepucci15
Creator
Creator

ApplyMap bug - apps hanging on 12.1 SR2 / SR3

Update: Qlik confirmed the bug - will be fixed in v12.20 and released at the end of 2017.

edit: changed title to include: "ApplyMap bug - " and added "/SR3"

I just stood up a new server (w2012, QV12.1 SR2) and moved my apps from my w2008 QV11.2 SR9 server.

Three apps run just fine on the new server, but one hangs all the time.  The QV Mgmt status shows it as running, but it should only take a few minutes and I've let it run as long as 40 minutes before I kill it.

The TaskLog.txt does not show anything useful (Slow down logging. Log every <300> seconds).

When I run the app manually, it hangs as shown below.

And when I abort the app, the QV development app itself hangs and I have to kill it as well.

Any thoughts?

output from Script Execution Progress

================ Start of GenTransaction transform ===================

GenTransaction_Transform1 << GenTransactionC_Extract 25,780 Lines fetched

GenTransaction_Transform1 << GenTransactionA_Extract 322,935 Lines fetched

GenTransaction_Transform1 << GenTransactionB_Extract 371,716 Lines fetched

GenTransaction_Transform1 << CurrentBudget_Transform 422,428 Lines fetched

------------ Store GenTrans1 -----------

--------- Drop GenTrans1 -----------

Code snippet:

FROM $(vExpTransformPath)\CurrentBudget_Transform.qvd (qvd);

STORE GenTransaction_Transform1 into $(vExpTransformPath)\GenTransaction_Transform1.qvd (qvd);

Trace ------------ Store GenTrans1 -----------;

DROP Table GenTransaction_Transform1;

Trace --------- Drop GenTrans1 -----------;

>>>> hangs here >>>>>>

GenTransaction_Transform2:

Load      // preceding load

Load

FROM $(vExpTransformPath)\GenTransaction_Transform1.qvd (qvd);

Trace --------- Just after load GenTrans2 from GenTrans1 -----------;

Labels (1)
19 Replies
jrepucci15
Creator
Creator
Author

While I attempt to open a ticket (arghhh), for your viewing enjoyment, here is a small example program that works in 11 but hangs during reload in 12.

jrepucci15
Creator
Creator
Author

Getting closer to finding the issue.

If I append anything to the end of the Mapping Load table name in the ApplyMap, it hangs.

I've tried both Null() and '' in addition to my original string.

ApplyMap('ValidateMasterProjectNumber_Map' & '',

'ABCD123',

'No Project')

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Interesting bug. QV12.10 ApplyMap() does not seem to tolerate an expression for the mapname. Just hangs and spins some CPU. The following code runs fine under 11.20, but hangs when run in QV12.10 SR3.

MyMap:

Mapping

LOAD * INLINE [

from, to

x, 1

y, 2

];

Data:

LOAD *,

ApplyMap(('My' & 'Map'), Val1) as Val2

INLINE [

Val1

x

y

];

-Rob

http://masterssummit.com

http://qlikviewcookbook.com

Not applicable

Maybe they changed the behavior of ApplyMap in v12.10. It seems they are stricter now on checking the mapping table. Previously my script will run if the mapping table is missing. But in v12.10, it will give the "map_id not found" error. I guess this might related to the problem that you are getting.

jrepucci15
Creator
Creator
Author

Issue also exists in v12.10, SR3.

Khim, I like the fact that Qlik added validation of the ApplyMap string.  I have had a few cases where I had mis-typed the map name and QV processed it without giving me any error messages. 

I do have a few instances of ApplyMap(Currency & 'toEURCurrency_Map',

If this bug does not get addressed in the next few weeks. I will either revert our new servers back to v11 or spend a lot of time rewriting code.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Rob,

We upgraded yesterday from QV11.2 SR12 to QV12.1 SR3 and same issue with applymap.

Is Qlik looking at correcting this bug?

How do we get around it?

Kind regards

Chris

jrepucci15
Creator
Creator
Author

Chris,

I submitted a ticket on this issue through my QV var.  if/when I get updates, I'll post them here.

John

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi Rob,

The AAALR warnings can indicate significant performance issues because when it is returned, the system is typically not performing efficiently. I have experienced issues where QV Publisher tasks failed upon the distribution phase (Server distribution, not Folder distribution) because of QVS resource issues. So, just want to ensure that QVS is able to receive the distribution from Pub.

-Chip

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Thanks for that explanation Chip.

-Rob

jrepucci15
Creator
Creator
Author

Qlik said the bug is fixed and will be released at the end of the year in v12.20.

So, good news - fixed,

bad news - not available any time soon.

I had to reprogram around all of my instances of this bug.  I'm not able to wait nine months.