Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Set Analysis Question -

I'm having issues with an expression -

Current Expression =

Sum({$<rule_group_id={10682},transcript_status_code={'N','L','S'}>}employee_id)

I am trying to count the number of employees (employee_id) who have the following transcripts (transcript_status_code={'N','L','S'}) for the rule group id (rule_group_id={10682}).

The part I know I am missing is that the rule group id points to multiple classes (course_name), however - I don't want to have to hand code in every course id.

I was able to make a master item (for a different visualization) ...

=if(rule_group_id = ('10682'),course_name)

^ Saying give me every course name that falls into this Rule Group ID. That works fine.

But I want to use the GUAGE visual and reference a % of students who have the transcript_status_code={'N','L','S'} for the rule group id and the courses that it points to.

It's probably simple but I know I'm missing one part of my puzzle with the course detail.

Any help is appreciated.

23 Replies
sunny_talwar

I don't have experience with Qlik Sense, someone who has used Qlik Sense might be able to answer this better. Sorry

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

You can use the whole Master Item as an expression.  You cannot use it as a part of an expression.

Not applicable
Author

Let's try this again....

I want to create a measure for a Gauge Visual.

I have the logic already in a table but need to get the Dimension part incorporated into the Measure I am trying to create.

Example:

On the Left - "Level 0 Courses" if being populated by a Master Dimension.

=If(level='Level 0',course_id)

On the Right - I have a measure ...

Count({$<transcript_status_code ={"N","L","S"}>}distinct employee_id)

I want to combine them so I can create a measure. It should give me a distinct count of employee id who has a transcript status code of (N,L,S) for any course id that is in Level 0. Then I will divide that by a distinct count of employee to get a %.

Please help me write this measure!!

sunny_talwar

May be this:

Count({$<transcript_status_code ={"N","L","S"}, course_id = p({<level = {'Level 0'}>})>}distinct employee_id)

MK9885
Master II
Master II

For me this looks very complicated but I just understood your last reply.

I'll create a dimension in script by preceding load (if those fields are coming from same table)

Ex: If(level='Level 0',course_id) as [Level 0 Courses]

And use this [Level 0 Courses] dimension in set analysis.

Count({$<transcript_status_code ={"N","L","S"},[Level 0 Courses]>}distinct employee_id)

Plus for your gauge

Count({$<transcript_status_code ={"N","L","S"},[Level 0 Courses]>}distinct employee_id)/ Count(Distinct(employee)

If it doesn't give me result cus of complex set expression, I'll store that Set expression as a Variable

vExpression = Count({$<transcript_status_code ={"N","L","S"},[Level 0 Courses]>}distinct employee_id)

and

$(vExpression)/Count(Distinct(employee)

Not sure if this will work, if Sunny is finding it hard then it's not possible for me, lol.

Not applicable
Author

I am going to try this shortly. I appreciate your feedback!

Not applicable
Author

Okay - I had a chance to try this but it doesn't work - Here is why.

I use Level 1 as an example ...

I want to get a % - of employees who have complete ALL course_id that are identified by level (Level 1) with a transcript_status_code of "A" or "X".

Count({$<transcript_status_code ={"A","X"}, course_id = p({<level = {'Level 1'}>})>}distinct employee_id)/count(distinct employee_id)

The Visual = ^ the above expression is in this visual and it is showing 100%. But based on the other information below - it should only show 0%.

The reason it should only show 0%...

There are two course_id (13860 & 14761). And the employee has a transcript_status_code of "S" and "X"

Based on the expression - I am only wanting the students who have completed ALL course_id with the level (Level 1).

That's why I was wondering how to right this to point to ALL course_id within the LEVEL I'm pointing at.

I WOULD LOVE LOVE LOVE to get some help on this one. My head hurts from thinking about it.

Not applicable
Author

Wait - I think this does work Sunny.

How would I add just one more thing to this?

category = "Skill Area 1"

But I would only want this part to stay the same regardless of filter. I want the number to change based on everything else though -

I'm confusing myself...

Not applicable
Author

Count({$<transcript_status_code ={"A","X"},{1<category = 'Skill Area 1'>},course_id = p({<level = {'Level 1'}>})>}distinct employee_id)/count(distinct employee_id)

^ It would be like a set analysis with a set analysis

sunny_talwar

May be like this

Count({$<transcript_status_code ={"A","X"}, category = {'Skill Area 1'}, course_id = p({<level = {'Level 1'}>})>} distinct employee_id)/count(distinct employee_id)