cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

NPrinting 17.3 Designer Preview-Error: Wrong content node response type

Hello folks,

i recently installed NPrinting 17.3 and wanted to try to generate an easy report with the Sales Demo.qvw. Getting a Connection was no problem. I created a small PixelPerfect-Template (because i don't have an Excel-License yet). But apparently, i am not even able to create a preview out of it. You can see the error below:

I installed the 17.X-Versions a several times before and this is the first time I installed 17.3. So I ask myself, if this is a new Error which only occurs in 17.3 or did i forget something?

Please share your information if you have any Thank you!

Best regards,

Flo

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Folks,

This issue was resolved in the recent 17.5 version. Thanks!

View solution in original post

37 Replies
woutermak
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Did you upgrade the installation? Or is it a new installation?

I had also a case as you described with an upgrade. I created a new connection, connected to the same app and same data source. I used the new connection and my problem was gone.

regards,

Wouter

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hey Wouter,

thank you for your response.

It was a fresh NPrinting 17 installation. I tried it with a new connection but it didn't work.

Regards,

Flo

woutermak
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Did you use for the level the new connection?

Does your report work if you remove your Level?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I already tried it with a Image of a Table instead of the Level. When i do this, i get a different Error (in this case it is a Warning). You can see the warning in the picture below:

woutermak
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Are you using a filter (employee, task, report, object)? Try your report with-out using any filters.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I use just a normal connection and report without any filters in it.

woutermak
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

I don't know what happend. Just try to start with only one field in the details without Levels. Do you get the same error?

Do you connect directly to the .qvw or to the QMC?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I wish i would know ^^

I tried it with only one field but the same error occured. I already tried it with .qvw- and QMC-Connection.

woutermak
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Maybe you can try to create only a label with text in the details tab. Furthermore, no data in the report. Then you can check if there is something wrong with the data or data connection, or something with the designer/installation.