Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
reivax31
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Set analysis disregarding dimension

Hi Qlikers,

I found that with set Analysis I can use expresison below to sum my sales disregarding selections but not dimension. Is it possible to also disregard dimension? What is the syntax?

sum ({1} Sales) :Returns total sales for the app, disregarding selections but not the dimension

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/3.2/Subsystems/Hub/Content/ChartFunctions/SetAnalysis/set-analysis...

In fact I found a way doing: sum(ALL(Sales)). But I would like some of my selections to interact on my chart so I did this with set analysis

sum({1<[Country]=P([Country])>}Sales).

But then in my chart that has [Import Date] on x-axis it will not sum ALL for each value of my dimension [Import Date] .

So how to sum ALL and specify for some dimension that I want to be able to interact with my chart?

Thanks for your help

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

sum({1<[Country]=p(), City = p() >}TOTAL Sales)

View solution in original post

7 Replies
sunny_talwar

May be you need this?

Sum({1<[Country] = $::[Country]>}Sales)

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Or maybe you need to additionally use the TOTAL qualifier (maybe with a field list)?

Sum({1<[Country] = $::[Country]>} TOTAL Sales)

see also

The Aggregation Scope

OmarBenSalem

Hi Sunny, what does this do ? = $::[Country] ; It's first time seeing such an expression !

reivax31
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi,

Thanks for your quick response. So in fact I only needed to add TOTAL but at the right place:

sum({1<[Country]=P([Country])>}TOTAL Sales). This one works. If I put $:: instead of P the expression is not working as Qlik Sense doesn't reconize this syntax.

Last Question: if I want several fields to interact, like Country and City, what would be the syntax?

Thanks for your help

swuehl
MVP
MVP

sum({1<[Country]=p(), City = p() >}TOTAL Sales)

reivax31
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Great !!

vongalaprashant
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Stefan,

Need a small help