Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gerhardl
Creator II
Creator II

Upgrading from Personal Edition

Hi,

I've been using QV Personal Edition for about a month to do reports for work. Everyone is very impressed with it and we are now considering utilizing it in the following way:

To have me as developer of the qlikview apps, with end-users using a web access point to peruse the applications.

We've asked our parent company (who uses qlikview) for a quote but I feel they are over-complicating it with support and licensing we do not need to such a large extent. I would like to know what the best and easiest way would be to achieve the above.

Currently I use data from extracts generated by our system. This might change, but I have (to be honest) no idea how QlikView Servers and all the QV products work and what exactly it is that I need.

Like I said, all we need is a web access point, and one 'developer' license. I know I'm being lazy asking this on here, but I would very much appreciate some guidance as to what we should get so we don't over-spend, but so we have the functionality we need.

Thanks,

Gerhard

2 Replies
Not applicable

You'll need a QlikView server to be able to remotely view your document in a webbrowser. You should have a look at the SBE version (Small Business Edition) which is a limited version of the QlikView server and should fulfill your requirements.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

As jgeorge says, I'd say that a Small Business Server license plus some User CALs and Document CALs would be enough.

I'd just like to point out that the SBE is not a limited version of QlikView Server in regards to volume, speed, tuning... as it happened in previous versions. Shared objects are not available in the SBE, neither some license types, but I don't think you need them according to your scenario.

Anyway, I always recommed to check that out directly with your QlikView Sales rep or Partner manager.

Hope that helps.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica