Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
odassier
Creator II
Creator II

Auto Calendar Date shows as Null in Chart dimension

Hello all,

I'm fairly new to Qlik Sense but have been learning fast thanks to this active community.  I wanted to start playing with set analysis and dates in particular.  To start I correctly (I think) formated my data in excel and loaded it in Qlik Sense.  The Date field was automatically recognized and an auto calendar script loaded by the application.

Next I confirmed in the Asset Fields the "Date" field could be expanded to select "Year", "Quarter", "YearQuarter", etc. So the auto calendar worked.

Now here comes the rub.  When I select "YearMonth" as the dimension, then add a measure, the chart does not display any dates.  What am I doing wrong?  I am attaching the simple qvf file here in the hope someone can correct me or let me know what I'm doing wrong.  I tried it on another existing app and now all my timeline charts are blank!

Much obliged,

Olivier

12 Replies
odassier
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Patrik,

First of all, thank you so much for getting back to me on this. I’ve looked into all of the tables behind my app and all of them have the date column properly populated, yet none of the charts display. To be fair, they were when I built the app, then I tried to add auto calendar to make it easier to write chart expressions to compare various time periods, and that’s when all the charts with dates stopped rendering. The app is actually made up of several tables, from the same excel workbook with multiple tabs and all the time-related sheets are “associated” in my app using the “Date” dimension from each sheet. Anyway to undo the auto-calendar ‘mistake’ to recover my charts?

Regards,

Olivier

Patrik_Lundblad
Employee
Employee

Hi Olivier,

If you click on the calendar/clock icon and pick general data type instead of date the auto calendar should be removed.

Regards,

Patrik.

odassier
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks Patrik,

That resolved a lot of my charts.

Olivier