Announcements
Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Dynamic filter in NPrinting using expression not working properly

I have created a dynamic filter based on below expressions .

=date(addmonths(date(now(([Calendar CTD Month-Year])),'MMM YY'),-1),'MMM YY')

The expression is getting calculated properly as I can see the value in the log. But the filter is not working in terms of generating the report with that filter . I have applied the filter at report level.

I have another expression as well

='CY'&
Ceil(Month(now([Calendar Cycle Rank]))/4)
& ' '&
date(now([Calendar Cycle Rank]),'YYYY')

which is also not working . Both are working in QlikView. Please advise what is wrong here.  Please find the attachment.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Yes , I tried to check why my filter was not working . So value in my filter looked like : Feb 17 but when I sent that to excel it looked like 2/1/2017 . So now I now made the filter which evaluates values in format 2/1/2017 and not in Feb 17 . and now its working

View solution in original post

5 Replies
avinashelite

Reason:

* Data might not be their

* Try Manually applying this filters and check the data association when you apply both filters . Their may be cases when 1 filter is dosn't have data related to other filter and it will cancel each other ..

* If you have applied the filter both in Task and report level ..remove it from the task level

* Check whether the fields are connected in the data model ..

One more suggestion instead of have the complex expression in NP have it in QV and store the value in variable that could help in faster report completion

Not applicable
Author

Actually I am generating report for every  " Calendar CTD Month-Year"  and I want to automate this process , so that every month this filter generate report based on the value of filter.

One thing I want to clarify, these two are separate filters and they are applied to two different report.

Manually when I give values the filter is working.

Can I automate this using variable?

avinashelite

Yes you can . My point hear is to identify why your filters are not working . Could you try with one filter at a time and see whether its working or not .

One more things do have any triggers/Section access in your QV app

Not applicable
Author

Yes , I tried to check why my filter was not working . So value in my filter looked like : Feb 17 but when I sent that to excel it looked like 2/1/2017 . So now I now made the filter which evaluates values in format 2/1/2017 and not in Feb 17 . and now its working

avinashelite

cool finally we got the issue ....please mark the helpful and correct answers and close this thread