Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Switching to Script Screen is slower in 10 SR2...???

has anybody noticed that in 10 SR2 going from designing screen to script screen takes more time than earlier versions..??..In a recent POC, Client's computer used to hang while going to script screen...(after 2-3 mins it used to start work again)....even my laptop takes almost 5-6 secs (I know it is not much) to reach to script screen.....while I remember that in 9 it was just click and you go to script screen....so, just curious if it is just because of those multithreading thing added in 10 or may be any other reason........??

or if I am the only one facing this.....??.....comments please..!!

7 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Dear Ashutosh,

It depends on how much data u r processing in ur application and obviously u should also consider the system configuration, wats ur allocated virtual memory, such things. if u feel bad about this 5-6 secs time, thn u can increase ur virtual memory via System->Properties->Advanced->Performance->Settings. Here u can override size of virtual memory that defaultly allocated by OS.

Hope It Helps.

Not applicable
Author

Sir, You are taking it totally in different context....I am not talking about execution time...what I am talking about is when you click "edit script" or press "ctrl+E" to go to Script tab........

Not applicable
Author

Dear Ashutosh,

I know u r not talking about execution time. even qlikview consumes some of ur physical memory... right..? so what if ur virtual memory is not much enough for that. concurrently u may running other programs also.

Y am saying is, I did not face any delay like this... Try increasing ur virtual memory size...

Not applicable
Author

okay...thanks for your kind help....but...let me see if there is somebody who noticed it...(because I am sure that this was quicker with 9).....

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

For what it's worth, I'm experiencing the same, even opening a new emtpy document with no other documents opened nor charts rendering. That is happening to me with both SR1 build 8815 and SR2 build 8935 of version 10, in three different computers (64 bit VM on Mac OS X, 64 bit Windows 7 laptop and 32 bit Windows XP SP3 desktop).

As you mentioned, usually small times (few seconds) but still longer than it was in version 9.

My guess is that the new editor script has some features as correction, autocompletion and so, and that is what it makes it longer the loading of the editor environment. Besides, the connection options are now 32 and 64 bit ready, so I wouldn't be surprised if this made the load slower.

EDIT: As far as I know, is not possible to disable the syntax checking, although you can disable the autocompletion and popup helps in the Tools menu, Editor Preferences in the Script Editor.

Hope that helps.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica

Not applicable
Author

yes, That was what I needed, atleast somebody else than me who noticed it....I am writing a mail to support guys and ask for some explanations, let us see what do they say..??

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

I think it's a good idea. Let's see if the QlikTech people in the Community can confirm this behavior.