Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Calculated Dimension

Hi Guys,

I have read through a few posts regarding this and havent come across a solution pertaining to my exact problem. What I am trying to do is build some financial reporting. In one of the SQL tables there is a column called AccountGroupDescription. This column has entries like Cost of Sales, Turnover, Current Liabilities et cetera.

What I am trying to do is build a financial dashboard with 4 'fields' in the AccountGroupDescription. This needs to be a pivot table. So I have COS and Turnover, I want to add Gross Profit and Gross Margin % but they need to appear along with the above 2 in the dimension.

I hope my explaination of what I am looking for makes sense and someone knows how I could possible achieve this

Many thanks,

Byron

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi, Byron

Maybe you could create four expressions instead of a dimension

or

You can create those dimensions at script level

or

use valuelist as a dimension. This can create an artificial dimension, like this:

=valuelist('COS', 'TO', 'GP','GM')

Then, the expressions will need an if statement, like this:

= if( valuelist('COS', 'TO', 'GP','GM') ='COS',SUM( {<AccountGroupDescription = {COS}>} VALUE) ,

if ( valuelist('COS', 'TO', 'GP','GM') ='COS', etc...

Hope this helps,

Erich

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Anyone??????

erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi, Byron

Maybe you could create four expressions instead of a dimension

or

You can create those dimensions at script level

or

use valuelist as a dimension. This can create an artificial dimension, like this:

=valuelist('COS', 'TO', 'GP','GM')

Then, the expressions will need an if statement, like this:

= if( valuelist('COS', 'TO', 'GP','GM') ='COS',SUM( {<AccountGroupDescription = {COS}>} VALUE) ,

if ( valuelist('COS', 'TO', 'GP','GM') ='COS', etc...

Hope this helps,

Erich

Not applicable
Author

Excuse my language, but you sir are a fucking legend. Thank you very much...Besides just solving my problem I can see many uses for this type of code

Many thanks man,

Byron

erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

I'm glad I could help! I learnt about valuelist() a few weeks ago!

There are many interesting uses for this!!!

Regards,

Erich