Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Multiple users freeze the application on Qlikview

Hi,

One of my clients complained recently that when one end user opens my QV application from IE plugin, it works fine, but when 2 or more users open the APP at the same time from their own workstation, they cannot navigate the APP and the screen just freezes, what can I do?

I found that in QMC, under system > Setup > Documents, there is a option 'Allow Session Collaboration', will enable this option solve the problem?  It is not enabled by default, and this is the first time I got this complain.

4 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Do you have access to the QlikView server machine? If so, then check memory consumption in task manager.

Enabling server collaboration won't fix problems with your server document. It will just grant your users permission to create their own objects in the AccessPoint. Which may even worsen the behavior of your server when two or more users start entering the wrong expressions that eat all RAM

Not applicable
Author

Hi Peter,

thanks for your reply, I will check with client.

Not applicable
Author

Actually, the memory is not the issue, but I see in session log file that error message says 'Killed because Named User Cal was needed from another client', and the client also told me there is no user accessing application with multiple machines/browsers. Any idea?

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Actually, the memory is not the issue, but I see in session log file that error message says 'Killed because Named User Cal was needed from another client', and the client also told me there is no user accessing application with multiple machines/browsers. Any idea?

Your OP stated that there is no problem when only one user opens the document, and now your client says that no other user is accessing the app and it still locks up?

The error message means that two different user sessions try to use the same Named CAL in the AccessPoint at the same time. QVS will block this and activate only the last one as you can have only one session per CAL. Except if you open your document twice in the same browser session.