Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
guruprem
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Ideas on Reloading Same app in two streams

Hello,

I have a Sales App, which I have published in Finance and Sales Streams. Now when it comes to reloading currently, I am reloading two published apps twice. Is there any way that I can reduce the loading time of second apps? Since the data is loaded already in first app. But fundamentally, I know that Qlik treats each app as separate.  Give me suggestions to optimize the loading time.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
guruprem
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Thanks. I do follow scripting best practices. Now I found that question it self in correct because when there are two apps they will be loaded twice all we can do is load only from QVDs. Thanks let me close this thread.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe binary load the second app from the first.

shubham_singh
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

It shoud not matter if your reloading same app twice. You should use a proper 3 layer architechture so that your published UI app should only take a few seconds to maximum two minutes for reloading. To do that move all your calculations to a transform layer and UI should only contain LOAD * statements.

Anonymous
Not applicable

..maybe not always a Load *, best to only load the fields from QVD that are needed.  This will de-optimise the QVD load.

guruprem
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Thanks. I do follow scripting best practices. Now I found that question it self in correct because when there are two apps they will be loaded twice all we can do is load only from QVDs. Thanks let me close this thread.

shubham_singh
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Why store those fields in QVD if you don't need them in UI. Drop those unnecessary fields before storing QVD. This will reduce size of QVD.

Anonymous
Not applicable

QVD's can be used as data sources for multiple dashboard apps and some app may need different fields from the QVD's than other app need.

But yup, if no apps need certain fields from the QVD - then as you suggest best not store in the QVD fields that nothing uses.