Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

document Cals Unassigned

I haven't license and however can see models, someone knows why?

9 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

In most situations, everybody can see document thumbnails in the AccessPoint. You don't need a license for that.

However, can you open those documents? If you haven't got a QlikView license (Document CAL nor Named CAL) you will get an "Access Denied" error upon clicking a thumbnail.

Not applicable
Author

Yes , I can open these documents normally and work on..

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Are there session- and  / or usage cals in use?

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Then you do have a license. It may have been dynamically assigned though.

The Users tab in the QMC may not seem very useful at first, but it's a great tool to analyse situations like this.

Open the QMC, navigate to the Users tab, enter you user ID in the search box, click the search icon and select your ID in the list at the left. Then check whatever is displayed in the CALs tab on the right.

Not applicable
Author

All document CALs were assigned yesterday.

Today there isnt document Cals assigned, however, I can view and use models and documents.

I dont get any error like ' access denied'

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Check the Sessions log. The Sessions log has a "CAL Type" column, so the information will tell you if you are using a Document CAL or a Named User CAL.

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
Not applicable
Author

The problem is that every day the licenses are restarted and I dont know why this happens.

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

If the assigned CALs are cleared each day, then the CalData.pgo file is being overwritten. Are the .pgo files excluded from all anti-virus/system scans?

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

It isn't entirely clear to me (us?) what you mean by "All document CALs were assigned yesterday." and "every day the licenses are restarted". Document CALs can be manually assigned each-and-every-day  but the qlikview administrator will grow tired of this job very quickly... So you proably have Dynamic CAL assignment enabled. That's the best solution for disappearing assignments and I'm not sure whether you want to disable this dynamic CAL assignment. Was it a temporary fix for all disappearing assignments?

Chip already mentioned that disappearing CALs can be caused by a CalData.pgo file being overwritten or moved into quarantaine by an anti-virus package. The QVS will on first document access immediately create a new empty one and together with Dynamic CAL assignment enabled, you will get a new growing list of (maybe unexpected) users.

Another cause could be the Server version. Some older releases showed the horrible behavior of destroying the pgo file on their own every so often. Are you using a recent QlikView Server version? Can you tell us which one?