Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Display 0/1 fields as text in a Table Box

Hi there,

I believe this is a simple question as I am new to report writing in Qlikview

I am connecting into a database via ODBC.

I need to display a field in a Table Box with 0 and 1 values.

The field name from the loaded table is “Active”

1 should display “Active” and 0 should display “Inactive”…

How do I go about displaying Active / Inactive in my Table box instead of 0/1?

I believe what I need to do is load the required field (Active) as another field in the script (say for example: Active_Logic) that translates 1 into Active and 0 into Inactive, then display the values from Active _Logic in my Table Box.

If the above is correct, can anyone help with the syntax for this?

14 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Marco,

Thanks for your input.

Are you able to guide me further on how to do this?

So far, I have tried changing my script as per the suggestions in this thread and still cannot see the new table (field) Active_Logic in the list of available fields. the script runs in many ways without giving me any errors, I just can't see the new table that's all. and I know that in my source table (active field) the values are 1/0 because I can see them in my Table box.

For all it's worth, if it makes any difference, the database i'm connecting to is a Progress database.

I know i can create new tables as I have some demo reports and there is the "as" command in the script here and there... however not sure why i cannot see the new table we are creating.

Could it be that the table has been created but I cannot see it in the available fields? I have toggled "Show fields from table" to all the options (All tables / All Tables qualified / creditor) but still cannot see Active _Logic in the Available fields..

Should Active_Logic display in the list of available fields or is there another command I need to put into the script to display this...

As I said at the beginning of the thread, i'm very new to this so I'm still trying to figure these things out...

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks...

F.Giorgio.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Peter,

when you say:

"add a translation of your Active field values to the table that contains the field; You don't need to create a new table per se."

how do I do this to translate 1=Active and 0=Inactive in the Table Box?

If you could let me know that would be appreciated...

Thanks.

F.Giorgio

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Avinash,

Did this but still cannot see Active_Logic in the list of available fields...

any other ideas on how to achieve this or why i might not be seeing the new table in the list of available fields?

Thanks,

F.Giorgio

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sachin,

tried this, but stll cannot see Active_Logic in my list of available fields..

Any further ideas?

Thanks..

F Giorgio

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Peter,

I came back to this with fresh eyes and had another look at some demo reports and found that they were using (straight table) charts instead of table boxes.

Took only a couple of minutes to figure out how to insert a dimension using an expression...

thanks to all for your contributions, but also thanks Peter for questioning my need to use a table box...