cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nprinting 17.2 Template editor freeze using level

Hi all,

When I edit an excel Report the preview works fine.

But when I try to edit a level the preview is stuck and also task not sending the report.

Attached example, maybe I'm doing something wrong

Any ideas?

Capture.PNG

7 Replies
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

I've had this as well the performance of v17.x using levels isn't good compared to the previous version.  I had to increase my hardware spec to get basic levels to work.  try upgrading to 17.3 as it does have sone performance improvements.

At the moment I'm steering clear as much as possible from levels until they sort it out.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks,

Did you try using the Page functionality?

Is it do the some problems?

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

I have with similar results in performance to levels as it's grouping across rather than down the workbook. also tricker to implement as need to be careful what you use as sheet names in terms if length and symbols used.

Tbh I'd sooner not have to worry about these things but it's where the solution is at the moment so I'm having to scale back on what I can deliver until it improves.

Stephen_Jasionowski

The next service release for NPrinting (17.3.1) contains improvements around levels. Please upgrade when the version becomes available and reply if performance improves or stays the same.

andrewmo
Creator
Creator

I'm using the November 2017 release and I can only get level's to work if the data set is small. Weird thing is if I remove levels on the larger data set it runs fine....

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

I did notice an improvement moving to later releases. Levels will impact the time to generate reports so ive used sparingly in my reporting.

Is your app you are using optimized for nprinting?

I.e Only data and charts required for nprinting included.

What's the size of your app and what's the spec of your server?

Regards

Andy

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

If you create a template with many nested levels or by inserting into levels fields with a lot of different distinct values you could experience performance issues.

This is because each value of a level is a filter. So Qlik NPrinting applies that filter, export the data and go ahead with next value. This requires time.

There are many conversations here about performances and how to increase them. For example Re: Good performance of Nprinting with Qlikview

Check also the help site page https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/February2018/Content/DeployingQVNprinting/Performance.htm

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.